Thread: Driving in snow

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Default Driving in snow

Well the working weeks finished been driving on icy roads all week delivering prescription drugs to peoples houses, as back roads aint been gritted you can imagine the stressfull week ive had was driving on some roads nearly a foot deep in snow my poor little citroen berlingo vans been through some sh*t this week bless it ,then when it froze over it was even worse, and to make things worse one young woman snatched the drugs out me hand and slammed the door in me face i had to hold me tongue i can tell ya.makes ya wonder why ya bother some times i should have taken time off like the 1 in 3 that didnt go to work this week . what we do to make a living aye ,ohh well rant over lol hope ya all had a safe week guys .....Ralph

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Yep i can empathize,i too am a delivery driver,but in the Birmongham area so not as much snow as in other places which is surprising as it apparently is high up in terms above sea level,anyway on wednesday morn i walked into work(8 miles) and got no thanks whatsoever even though half of the workforce didn't show up,but thats another story,all i know is i wont be doing it again,inconsiderate management to say the least,i'll end here brfore i go ott.

On a Sabbatical
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Well i'm in Catterick and aint missed a day since the snow started and i havent even driven the vectra for a week, all i can say is get yourself a Yamaha Raptor quad, some warm/waterproof gear and it's instant

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

It is proper annoying when you go out your way to get into work and others who live closer or within walking distance don't bother. You don't get a "thanks" or a "good effort" then due to shortages of staff you end up knocking your pan in and having a hellish time and get shouted at.

****ing sick of it myself TBH.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Vectra C Facelift

Trim : Elite

Engine : 1.9Cdti 150

Year : 2007

Quote Originally Posted by Ralphwells1967 View Post
    Well the working weeks finished been driving on icy roads all week delivering prescription drugs to peoples houses, as back roads aint been gritted you can imagine the stressfull week ive had was driving on some roads nearly a foot deep in snow my poor little citroen berlingo vans been through some sh*t this week bless it ,then when it froze over it was even worse, and to make things worse one young woman snatched the drugs out me hand and slammed the door in me face i had to hold me tongue i can tell ya.makes ya wonder why ya bother some times i should have taken time off like the 1 in 3 that didnt go to work this week . what we do to make a living aye ,ohh well rant over lol hope ya all had a safe week guys .....Ralph
    Great job Ralph know the feeling about people who offer no thanks or gratitude for battling through adverse conditions, pity the local councils and Kent Highways did not carry out their responsibility in gritting and clearing roads.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by Fearns View Post
    Well i'm in Catterick and aint missed a day since the snow started and i havent even driven the vectra for a week, all i can say is get yourself a Yamaha Raptor quad, some warm/waterproof gear and it's instant
    If I had a secure place to park and lock it up I would have bought a Quad Bike earlier in the year. But scumbags around here will nick anything, broke in to every shed on the local allotments

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

keith m8 bexley council didnt even grit main bus route for 2 days they have got to be 1 of the worse councils going i think ,as for a quad bike thats a great idea think i,ll ask boss to invest in 1 for the future deliveries in the snow lol might bring it up at next meeting

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Its when they run out of grit again, still haven't learnt from last year. Or those local council leaflets come out saying we are prepared when they really aren't.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by Ralphwells1967 View Post
    keith m8 bexley council didnt even grit main bus route for 2 days they have got to be 1 of the worse councils going i think ,as for a quad bike thats a great idea think i,ll ask boss to invest in 1 for the future deliveries in the snow lol might bring it up at next meeting
    Hi Ralph
    As I put in one of my posts Kent Highways Contractor came down this road on Wednesday evening . The local farmer kept road clear of snow drifts etc.
    One of our neighbours had problem getting her car out so went to salt bin only to find it still only had Sharp sand in it that they put in last winter when they had no salt.

What annoys me is they (Ringway) the KCC Highways contractor get winter standby money from end of October through to March and cannot get their act together to do the job they are paid to do. Fortunately they have lost contract in new year
    Keith

Thread Information