Thread: Diesel priming bulb / pump dti

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Default Diesel priming bulb / pump dti

Just been to the carshop and bought an inline diesel priming bulb, like what you find on other makes, Rover diesels for example, however my experience of other makes is that their priming bulbs are fitted before the filter and used to provide pressure to the fuel system and fill up the filter,

don't think it will work that way on the DTi for some reason, or it would have one fitted as standard,

I know that the recommended sealey pump needs to go on the return to the tank, so it basically pulls the fuel around the system and dumps it back into the tank, but it is not designed to be left in place all the time,

I want to leave it in place all the time, I do not use my car every day, and it can sometimes be left for a few days without being started, it has the fuel draining back into the tank problem, I have changed the injector leak off pipes but it hasn't done the trick, I haven't the funds for the injector seals to be changed just yet, and do not want to scrap my pump by priming it with the key, whcih I am currently doing,

Has anyone fitted a retro priming bulb to the DTi, where did you put it to get the best result and have you any pics of it fitted,

Admin & Membership Manager bigmac's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : insignia

Trim : irmscher

Engine : 2.0 cdti

Year : 2009

When you did the leakoff pipes did you replace the t joints ? Not sure about the priming pump but someone else might have an opinion

Irmscher Insignia CDTI 130

MOD'S...Irmscher front spoiler, Irmscher mats, Irmscher door pins, Irmscher rear spoiler, Irmscher grille, Irmscher skirt & exhausts,Irmscher Roof spoiler MOD'S TO COME..Side skirts,Wheels

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by bigmac View Post
    When you did the leakoff pipes did you replace the t joints ? Not sure about the priming pump but someone else might have an opinion
    no didn't change the t peices, shop didn't have any to fit, didn't go to stealers, I have had to use braided fuel pipe as they didn't have the all rubber pipe one small enough, didn't cost a lot only a fiver,

do vauxhall sell the t pieces and the pipe in a set, or can the pieces be bought on their own, or has anyone got an ebay link to t pieces that will do....?

Admin & Membership Manager bigmac's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : insignia

Trim : irmscher

Engine : 2.0 cdti

Year : 2009

T joints can be bought from vx and this could be your problem as they crack letting in air
    Last edited by bigmac; 2nd June 2010 at 21:16.

Irmscher Insignia CDTI 130

MOD'S...Irmscher front spoiler, Irmscher mats, Irmscher door pins, Irmscher rear spoiler, Irmscher grille, Irmscher skirt & exhausts,Irmscher Roof spoiler MOD'S TO COME..Side skirts,Wheels

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by bigmac View Post
    T joints can be bought from vx and this could be your problem as the crack letting in air
    fingers crossed didn't know they could crack, will call stealers in the morning,

any ideas on the priming bulb anyone, I will need to put it some where to prime the system when I have taken the t-pieces off.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

did you change the long pipe that runs up from the pump mate? or just the 4 pipes into the Ts? i recently did mine on my vec B DTI and didnt change the long one, changed that and it now starts fine

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by rec View Post
    did you change the long pipe that runs up from the pump mate? or just the 4 pipes into the Ts? i recently did mine on my vec B DTI and didnt change the long one, changed that and it now starts fine
    I didn't , have ordered some new black silcon 4mm hose off ebay to do them all again, the hose is 4mm i.d, and the t pieces i've seen are 4 mm also,

would any one recommed using the 5 mm t's, instead of the 4mm t's, to get a snugger fit on the pipe,

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by olid2002 View Post
    I didn't , have ordered some new black silcon 4mm hose off ebay to do them all again, the hose is 4mm i.d, and the t pieces i've seen are 4 mm also,

would any one recommed using the 5 mm t's, instead of the 4mm t's, to get a snugger fit on the pipe,
    it will be the pipe from the pump mate, i made the same error, swapped it over and et voila

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : shatch- sports hatch

Trim : cheap plastics

Engine : metal

Year : 1901

Mileage : 999

Quote Originally Posted by rec View Post
    it will be the pipe from the pump mate, i made the same error, swapped it over and et voila

Easy mistake to make

Thread Information