Was on my way back from centre parcs, whinfell forest and was travelling over lake district via Kirkstone pass when a misfire occurred, going up hill labouring in 2nd gear. I have read threads on this saying that the heat build up around this injector causes a breakdown in connection and hence a misfire. Is this the case and is it purely down to the connector and nothing else? I'm an engineer and struggle to accept the theory as surely if it is breaking down then it would do it quite often and not just 'occasionally' I've checked the metal contacts and all appear fine, no green mould/corrosion etc. I will be changing the wiring plug myself later on this week as a matter of course and may well do all the plugs. My car is a 1.9 cdti with 100k on clock, your views appreciated. thanks