Thread: vectra 2.2dti p0234 fault!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Default vectra 2.2dti p0234 fault!!!

anyone please help.have had p0234 turbo boost system fault on car for months now.had new turbo- still same! checked usuals - vac pipes/hoses ect! all seem fine. when acclerating up hill eml comes on and ****** safe mode! on flat or down hill car runs superb! also just this week driving along coasting at approx 40mph and all clock dials go off! car still running ok. restarted car and all was fine again! radio has gone into safe mode twice also without touching battery.???? and clock on display screen resets itself to midnite all the time! im baffled and i dont want big hefty main dealer repair bils for what might be a small thing to fix im hoping one of you experts here can offer some advice? this is my first ever thread and this site is great! wish i knew bout here sooner! p.s. old turbo was leaking oil(seal gone) engine overfilled with oil by previous owner in jan 08! mileage is 61K.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Vauxhall Vectra

Trim : Elite

Engine : 1.9 CDTI 150

Year : 2007

Quote Originally Posted by welshrugfan View Post
    anyone please help.have had p0234 turbo boost system fault on car for months now.had new turbo- still same! checked usuals - vac pipes/hoses ect! all seem fine. when acclerating up hill eml comes on and ****** safe mode! on flat or down hill car runs superb! also just this week driving along coasting at approx 40mph and all clock dials go off! car still running ok. restarted car and all was fine again! radio has gone into safe mode twice also without touching battery.???? and clock on display screen resets itself to midnite all the time! im baffled and i dont want big hefty main dealer repair bils for what might be a small thing to fix im hoping one of you experts here can offer some advice? this is my first ever thread and this site is great! wish i knew bout here sooner! p.s. old turbo was leaking oil(seal gone) engine overfilled with oil by previous owner in jan 08! mileage is 61K.
    Hi welshrugfan,

I'm a newbe and not too technically minded when it comes to the mechanics but the symptoms you have with the electrical stuff is very like a problem i had with a Volvo once. The problem turned out to be one of the terminal contacts on the battery was loose and caused havoc with lots of electrical stuff - especially the radio. Cleaned and tightened the battery terminal bolts and problems gone! Happened a couple of years later when one of the cells in the battery started to fail too. Hope you get it sorted okay. laters...... Bri.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Engine ECU needs new software. Authorised dealer should know. Was a recall for MY02-MY04 Y22DTR engines.

Thread Information