Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Vauxhall Master(disaster)fit!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Thumbs down Vauxhall Master(disaster)fit!

I'm confused
    I booked in my 2.0 dti for a 30k first service on Friday and was quoted £180 for a long life service.
    I left it with them today for 2 hrs and was asked for £89!
    I questioned that this was the long life oil and service and the tech just looked very confused and stared at me. So I thought fair enough as it did say long life oil on the invoice and it is costing me less. I paid and asked if they had remembered to stamp the service book and reset the service indicator.
    He then spent 10mins looking for the book and came back saying "I will send it to you in the post when I find it”!!! I doubt I'll see that book again so got him to sign and date the invoice stating this.
    Just to top it off he then told me that there was a strange problem with my DOOR LOCKS and should book the car into their workshop
    Yes I'll do that! I replied
    Anyone else used a Masterfit for a 30k service on a 2.0 dti?
    Did they do the right service?

North West on the Staffordshire/Cheshire Border
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Geez m8...i cant believe they actually said that about the door locks...where do they send these ppl for training??? Good on ya for getting him to sign and date the invoice with ref to your service book.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Did you get the tea boy????

Oh, no, they're the only skilled operatives nowadays!!

I would seriously question the service manager as to what the he11 they have done for you...

Can anyone EVER say that they have received good service....before VX customer services have to get involved?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Can anyone EVER say that they have received good service....before VX customer services have to get involved?
    Be prepared for a shock, because last week I did!!

I had some wind noise coming from the drivers door from speeds above 50mph. Phoned the dealer the Thursday previous. "Pop in on Monday if your passing and we'll have a quick look, then get it booked in for you". Popped in on the Monday. "We'll be about 1/4 hour sir as we'll have to drive out of town to test the car at 50mph, please take a seat blar blar". About 20 mins later "Do you mind waiting another 1/2 hour because we'll take a look at it now. Then 1/2 hour later i'm handed the keys. The door now fits much better. I still have some noise but its not as bad as it was. They did also say that they wern't 100% sure if they had been able to fully cure it and if it was still a problem to get back in touch.

As regard to Masterfit, I have never used them. I did use the Ford version Rapid fit or whatever its called once and they were useless!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Stewie

If You've found a good one... hang on to them..I've been to 3 diff dealers in my area and they are so laid back they're horizontal.

Ex Vec-C Admin & Founder Graeme's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

I have to say. My local dealership is a small family run afair and yes at times they appear a bit clueless and sometimes things dont seem to get sorted but the service i get is second to none and they go out there way to try and help me.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Jaguar XF 3.0D V6

Trim : Black

Engine : 3.0D V6

Year : 0000

IMO
    VX 'service' is shyte. Never had good service from people who know anything.
    I would not touch VX if you paid me.

Ex Vec-C Admin / Founder Duncan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by Ste
    IMO
    VX 'service' is shyte. Never had good service from people who know anything.
    I would not touch VX if you paid me.
    You can't just say Vx dealers are all s**t. How do you know? Have you used every one in the country!!?
    Each person's experience is obviously different. Since moving to this area (over 6 years ago) I've used my local Vx dealer. I can honestly say that their overall service has been brilliant, specifically the service/after care section.

I've had a couple of niggles with them but got them sorted out after chatting with them. The way they have dealt with a couple of problems on this car and my last car (Astra G) was outstanding. They are quick to get Vx involved if they feel they need to and I ended up with almost a whole engine rebuild (under Network Q warranty) on my Astra G. On my Signum there was a whole fiasco with fitting Vx aftermarket rear parking sensors (not dealers fault - problem with the way the sensors in the kit fitted to the Sigmum, basically a design fault) which got Vx involved in a big way and ended up with my experience defining the fitting instructions booklet subsequently supplied by Vx!!)

They're not all bad - there are good ones out there, just like there are s**t BMW, Merc, Audi etc. dealers. I have had a previous s**t experience with a dealer in the NE, yet my brother has had no problem with the same one - my problem was with the after sales dept (I bought a Network Q car from them).

All I can suggest is firstly, make absolutely sure they have done what they should've done and secondly, go elsewhere from now on if you can!

D

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

I've never had any problems with my local Vxl dealer... JCT600 on Sticker Lane in Bradford. *touching wood*

They have always done everything that I have asked them to fix/look at and have always done it with a smile. They have collected and returned my car and even washed it(but not on every occasion)! They also give you a courtesy call a few days after any work has been done to make sure you are happy with the service that they provided

Chris.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

I also have an Astra G and took it to the same place last year for a service,and they were spot on. That's why I used them again.
    I used to work in their job myself for Ford and Rover dealerships and other garages and think it does depend on what tech you get,not what dealer you use. I think the one I got had been smoking Da herb.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information