Thread: Simple, Easy or Cheap mods to do 1.9 CDTi

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Default Simple, Easy or Cheap mods to do 1.9 CDTi

As title really, Looking at what the first mods should be? I'm planning on doing the airbox mod tomorrows, which as far as I know is simply removing the pipe, then I will pick up a performance filter at some point, but what else is worth doing in terms of pretty quick, simple and not to costly mods?

I had an Astra Coupe Turbo prior to this and the first one mentioned was always to replace the precat with a precat decat pipe. Is the exhaust similarly restrictive on the diesels?

I'm surprised there isn't a sticky for first power tuning mods to do like there is for the first simple styling mods to do. Maybe someone could throw something together who knows what they are talking about???

Sorry, should probably also point out it's a 150!!!
    Last edited by Coupe2T; 17th June 2011 at 13:16. Reason: Added info

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

blank EGR , clean boost sensor , tuning box or remap , swap vac pipes for silicon type

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by bembo449 View Post
    blank EGR , clean boost sensor , tuning box or remap , swap vac pipes for silicon type
    I assume most of them are easy DIY jobbies. Does anywhere do kits for replacing the vac pipes etc so I can see what is needed? Is there a How2 on here for these things?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Not really any help but i had a coupe tubby, god i loved it, done what you did with all millteck stuff and a courtenay stg1 remap.... pleasant times.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by disco dan View Post
    Not really any help but i had a coupe tubby, god i loved it, done what you did with all millteck stuff and a courtenay stg1 remap.... pleasant times.
    Yeah, did love the Astra and sad to see her go, but soon to be a family man so have to do what's best! I had just fitted and FMIC and everything, so a re-map would of seen her past 250bhp I reckon, only 35k on the clock, pulled like a tank for a petrol car!

Still, onwards and upwards! If I can see 200bhp out of the Derv then i'm sure that will be pretty damn rapid too! lol

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

K&N panel filter with airbox mod(s), vac hoses to single piece silcone pipes, EGR blanking, tuning box

they are the cheapest i can think of lol

i have a 2nd intake into my airbox, few conversation have been had on wether or not it is a bad think as its breathing air from under bonnet, but i am going to build a customer cold air feed to it soon!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by paul_sri150 View Post
    K&N panel filter with airbox mod(s), vac hoses to single piece silcone pipes, EGR blanking, tuning box

they are the cheapest i can think of lol

i have a 2nd intake into my airbox, few conversation have been had on wether or not it is a bad think as its breathing air from under bonnet, but i am going to build a customer cold air feed to it soon!
    Basically just what he said

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Sell it and buy 2.0t lol

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Vauxhall

Trim : very

Engine : Z19DTH

Year : Nosey

LMAO!!!! yeah, Good one I needed a laugh

You just need a tuning box in a 1.9CDTI and it will beat off a standard 2.0t, while using half as much fuel, costing less to insure and less to tax. You made the right move Coupe

If you want to keep it as cheap as possible then just a tuning box will do the trick. Not much point in doing lots of other little bits, they will gain you very little.

If you want to spend some money, I would go straight for a hybrid turbo and a remap or CRD-T tuning box. If you have the skills to fit the turbo yourself, you'll be looking at around £1000-1500 total for the turbo and map/box and it will transform the car.

If your skills are upto it, reworking a turbo with a new compressor only (52mm would be as big as I went without reworking the turbine) would be very simple and only around £100 including balancing after reworking. I'm looking at £140 worth of parts plus and oil change for the new hybrid I am making, with a big turbine rework too.

What is simple, easy or cheap depends on how handy you are with the spanners and what you concider cheap?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Ford Kuga

Trim : Titanium

Engine : 2.0dtci

Year : 2014

Mileage : 1200

Quote Originally Posted by Coupe2T View Post
    I assume most of them are easy DIY jobbies. Does anywhere do kits for replacing the vac pipes etc so I can see what is needed? Is there a How2 on here for these things?

Think my kit came from paulsri150 on here, made quite a difference.
    There are How to's for EGR valve and most of the others things mentioned, not for vac pipes as it's so easy.
    You might also want to look up Duncan's mod, listed as something like "a fix for the pre facelift headlights".
    It's applicable to Facelift as well. If you don't have HID's factory fitted, but do have the beam height adjuster on the right hand side of the dash, next to headlight switch. This raises the stupidly low dip beam height so that normal or HID bulbs shine where they're supposed to. All it takes is a flat surface to shine the beams on, and an allen key.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information