Hello there, I'm new to these forums and have just bought myself a Vectra SRI. It's the 1.9CDTi 150 version in black and I love it already.

I came across this forum as I had Googled a few problems the car seems to have. This site proved very helpful so I thought I'd sign up. I hope I'm not infringing any rules by coming on and posting problems straight away!

I had to replace a few fuses for all of my electrics to work, but just yesterday my fans speeds 1-3 stopped working....

I have since read a few threads here about heater blowers not working correctly and it being down to resistor problems or to do with relays. I have narrowed it down to either of those two and have a few pictures, as the blue relay in particular seems odd to me and different to the other threads as they don't mention a wire running from it. I'm no mechanic, but I bet it didn't leave the Vauxhall garage like this.....

I am wondering why the wire runs from the relay slot above and into the blue one. The bottom end of the wire that runs into the blue relay slot is open wire whereas the top end that runs into the empty relay slot has a sort of looped end like so....

====O

Surely this isn't standard? Can anyone shed some light on it?

Fan speed 4 works and the brown relay clicks as it should for that speed. Speeds 1-3 do not work but I am not sure I want to faff about with the wire. Does anyone have any insight to this problem?

The resistor seems ok, it has a little rust and corrosion on it, but I have checked the scuttle bay and it is clear, as there is no waste pipe bit. I am guessing someone has had trouble with water ingress in the past and have adopted a quick fix to rectify it. Here is the resistor....

Can anyone help?

I apologise again if I am infrinding any rules. I do intend on being a frequent user of the forum, seems a nice place to be