WOW!!!

Still havent come down after all the excitement!!

This has, without doubt, been my current Vectra-C.com highlight, and the most fun I have had at a weekend in AGES!!

We had a lovely run down to the Pod, and with the help of my youngest son Phil, and his two chums, (and minimum input from Chris!!!) had the tents up and fit for habitation in no time at all. A lovely afternoon was then spent, removing and cleaning wheels, waxing paintwork, as well as chatting to acquaintances old and new.

The 'GSi pub' was amazing, and huge thanks to all for arranging such a fantastic BBQ for our evening meal - it was greatly appreciated and thoroughly enjoyed. Following a good old gossip and giggle after the meal, we all finally retired to our respective tents, although there was little sleep to be had due to our neighbours from other clubs who kindly treated us to their special brand of entertainment into the wee small hours and generously re arranged the gazebo . Still, we were able to reciprocate with an early morning fanfare to awaken them on the Sunday morning at around 6am!!!!

After a swift breakfast, we all made our way over to the main ground, and installed ourselves neatly in our desginated area (after some excellent traffic directions by the car - arranging team!!) I think I am correct in saying that, although we had one of the smaller club stands, we were certainly the only stand to have our own swamp!!! Fortunately, the weather was beautiful and dried the ground out quickly, and the public were certainly not deterred from visiting. Within a short while of setting up, the stand was a hive of activity, with, at my last count, over 40 cars, and hundreds of visitors who were evidently impressed by our efforts.

After a BBQ of truly mammoth proportions, thanks to Big Phil and his amazing team of chefs, we had the results of our best club car vote, and I am still genuinely stunned at winning this. I can't begin to thank you all enough, for your support and votes and was touched to the point of a little bit of girly emotion leaking out, by the fact that so many of you dropped everything to follow the Vectaru over to the TV stand to get her ready for the finals. I don't think she has ever had so much attention lavished on her, nor has she ever shone so brightly (despite that bl00dy dust!!!!)

I was so excited by the judging, and my little natter with Mr Mike Brewer - I didn't expect anything to come of it as the competition was amazing and the eventual winner was very worthy - I was just chuffed to bits to be there, and the memory will stay with me for a long time.

I see to have rather a lot of photos, but for the sake of our bandwidth have selected a half dozen specials, which just highlight my favourites memories....................

A little bit of 'Ging Gang Gooly'................

Our own superhero 'Duvet Man'................

Big Phil - a man of many faces - chef one minute, jester the next...........

One of the dreadful hoodie - wearing thugs...........ah, sorry, that's Nick............

Photographing you photographing me....................

And just enough room for one of my lady.....................

It was fantastic................

'nuff said...........