Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Jaguar XF 3.0D V6

Trim : Black

Engine : 3.0D V6

Year : 0000

Default One of Very few

I went to MIRA today to collect a car. I have the dubious honour of being one of a=only a handful of people in Europe who have ever driven this car, and one of even fewer who have driven it on a road in Europe.

The car in question is the all new, Ultra Low Cost TATA Nano.

If you consider that this car can be bought for little more money than a current cheap motorbike in India, you get a lot for your money. Having the ability to carry 4 people inside a car, instead of all 4 riding pillion on a bike offering no protection.
    It is a totally new mode of transport for the masses, and will have (and has had) massive appeal for people wanting car type transport at motorbike type prices.

Never before has this been a reality. The car has been totally over subscribed in India. Only 100,000 cars were available in the first phase launch, the demand was huge. With over twice that many order and people putting down deposits on it.

I thought it was alright, nippy enough. Handling OK for what it is, and would have thought that as a town car it would be suitable. The European version will be improved on what I drove.

http://images.google.co.uk/images?q=...num=6&ct=title

Whilst also at MIRA I saw an Insignia which had been stretched, and adding middle doors. I don't know what market it is intended for, but it looked OK standing on the hard standing outside the VCA building.

Just thought I'd share my morning...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Personally I think the Nano is exactly what they need over in India. Its cheap, safe and excellent for anyone with young children.

I reckon with this coming into play, you will soon see less and less scooters and motorbikes on India's streets.

Im not a big fan of it due to its looks etc, but if you look at the purpose its intended for and the price, its really a no brainer.

Would I buy one if I was in India, YES, a lot safer than a bike and plus I cant ride a motorbike!

Hope it does well as its all under the JLR umbrella really isnt it?

'I haven’t lost my marbles, they’re in a bag somewhere? .. '
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

I saw this on TV some months back & thought then if the 'tut-tut' needed an upgrade replacment then this was it ..............

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by Ste View Post
    Whilst also at MIRA I saw an Insignia which had been stretched, and adding middle doors. I don't know what market it is intended for, but it looked OK standing on the hard standing outside the VCA building.
    Funeral Directors? Would one need to be brought to MIRA for testing before going on general sale?

Thread Information