Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Insignia Tourer

Trim : Elite

Engine : 2.0 CDTI (160ps)

Year : 2010

Default Alpine headunit and changer

No idea what to even think about selling this for, I know it's not worth a huge amount these days, but see what you think guys.

In it's day one of the top of the range units from Alpine, very high spec for it's time. In this day and age looks a little dated and doesn't have Ipod, steering wheel controls or screen compatibilities. I paid over £800 for this as a set about 13/14 years ago. Hadn't been used at all since I got rid of my Cavalier in late 2000 so has been in storage since then, hence the good condition of the head unit up until a month or two ago.

The headunit was serviced by Alpines service department twice in the timespan I had it (nothing wrong with it each time, I just sent it for a service every so often), back then I was into amateur sound offs and always wanted my kit performing perfectly.

The unit has been in my car for a month or two whilst I was saving for my new unit (see my ICE thread on the forums). It still works beautifully, everything works as new on it and it still has incredible sound quality.

The unit is an Alpine TDM-7535R, it's 4 x 35W, with two pre-outs (front and rear) for amplifier connections, infra red remote compatible, CD changer controls and all other usual refinements of a top of the range unit from those days.

I have the original Alpine box and packaging for the unit and (if I can find them) the original manuals that came with it and of course the wiring loom for it as well as the plastic cover for holding the front panel when you take it off (shown in pic, but needs a clean as it's been in a cupboard for years).

I also have a compatible Alpine six disc changer to sell with the head unit. It's an Alpine CHM-S600 six disc changer, in it's day it held the record for being the smallest, fastest and quietest six disc changer on the market. There's a few marks on it where it's been in the boot on a couple of my cars in the past, but it works perfectly and again has been in use for the last month or two with no issues whatsoever.

The changer comes with the two mounting brackets, the control lead that connects it to the headunit (it gets its power through the same lead so really simple to fit), and two six disc CD cartridges as I liked to have an easy way to change the music in my car quickly.

Again, I have all the original Alpine box and packaging and (if I can find them) should have the manuals.

There's also the single din adaptor I bought a couple of months back to temporarily fit all this in my car whilst I waited for funds to buy my new unit. This was very slightly the wrong colour for my dash, but is the gunmetal grey colour so suits a lot of vectras (mine is the metallic charcoal).

Any thoughts on value or if it's the sort of thing anyone would be interested in?
    "Doing a good job here is like wetting your pants in a dark suit, you get a warm feeling but nobody else notices"
    Maptun Tuned 2.0T Estate - click HERE for mods list.
    Brentwood 2012: Winner, Saturday Show. Hull 2012: Winner, Best Estate. Hull 2013: Winner, Best Estate & Runner Up, Best I.C.E

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Insignia Tourer

Trim : Elite

Engine : 2.0 CDTI (160ps)

Year : 2010

Heh, that answers that one I guess
    "Doing a good job here is like wetting your pants in a dark suit, you get a warm feeling but nobody else notices"
    Maptun Tuned 2.0T Estate - click HERE for mods list.
    Brentwood 2012: Winner, Saturday Show. Hull 2012: Winner, Best Estate. Hull 2013: Winner, Best Estate & Runner Up, Best I.C.E

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

That was a great headunit, but I've not a clue what it's worth these days.

Would be interested in the single din adaptor if you want to sell it seperately.

Thread Information