Thread: Some Of You Maybe Wondering

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Default Some Of You Maybe Wondering

Why I'm posting at this time on a Friday night when I should be out scooping up the green...

Well

6pm start, 23:25 finish, 5 whole punters in five and a half hours, for the sake of my sanity and my by now well worn heart I decided to come home and not endure 4 more hours of wondering why nobody goes out anymore....

Well actually I do know why, it's the bluddy news again...credit crunch, don't make me laugh, am I supposed to believe banks have lent too much money out and now are in trouble, and then there's the recession, the one we would not have had if the news hadn't suggested one, oh how the rest of the world must laugh, imagine the headlines if WW3 started, here's one

Today it was discussed that the central power core for the whole of the UK could come under attack by Nizis Forces, the facility located at 53°07’50”N, 01°15’12”W and can be clearly seen from the bomb door bay of an enemy plane due to it being painted green and has a big sign outside saying please don't attack this building should be repainted in a shade of orange so to aid the aim of the bombadier so that he won't hit the rare daisy crop next door which is required to keep future generations of school kids busy making chains.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

I have absolutely no idea what you are on about.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Well the media have without doubt hyped it up. I heard a discussion on the bus last week where someone was harping on about the US sub prime market being the cause. His partner asked him what that meant and he carefully explained that it was to with people only shopping at markets.

Having said I think that there is a genuine concern about how much it's costing day to day now. The price of fuel is a joke, Council tax is now beyond what Poll tax levels would have been for some, Utilities seem to be going up weekly and you're talking a lot of money for a night out now.

It doesn't help that Beer is so cheap at the Supermarkets so people will start to stay in more.

Feel for you Ian. Hope it picks up tonight.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Vectra Estate

Trim : Elite

Engine : 3.2 V6

Year : 04

Mileage : 000

I would not be supprised if the media did talk us into a resession. They dod have the tednancy to hype things up a bit.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

the sub prime problem is where mortgages were given to ANYONE in the states, on short term low rates.....now they have gone to MASSIVE rates they are having record repossession, and the properties aint worth what they mortgaged on.

Thank **** I have a crappy little house and didn't buy the 4 bed one we looked at a year ago, the house next door (which is better done out) is 20K cheaper than the one we looked at.....its starting

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Isn't it funny how the government's official inflation figures are 2.5%?

What do they base that on? Food alone has gone up by around 15%, fuel by about the same, energy costs are going through the roof - 5 years ago my DD for £45/month covered gas and electric. Now after looking at my bills I need to increase that to £100/month just to cover that same usage, and that doesn't cover the debt that's built up in the meantime.

Faced with this, Mr Brown has admitted they may have to acknowledge inflation has gone up from 2.5 to 3%....

Flaming idiots are they all suffering with ostrich syndrome?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

A lot of the troubles start when one firm hikes up say 20% but the rest don't, this leads to an imbalance in the laws of buying and selling, before long one cannot keep up with the other, this is what is happening to us, we are so far behind in the wage to expenditure ratio now, as for the USA with it's debt problems, instead of hoofing ppl out of their houses why not reduce the payments due until things improve, this stops house devaluation, homelessness and the reducing of ppl to worthless feeling in themselves, but oh no, Mr Solicitor is now rubbing his hands together at how much money he's going to make kicking ppl out, I nearly had this happen to me 15 yrs ago, got to the court and blagged it to the judge, the cost of the solicitor added to my mortgage was a thousand pound back then, safely say its 2500 now, my message to these ppl is if they want to help, then they should help, if they want to chase dead money for the next 20 yrs carry on the way they are going.

Thread Information