Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Default Just Saying Hello

Hi Guys

I have been a member since Nov 2007, originally posting a tech ii problem on the Forums and receiving help from quite a few other members. A big thank you to all who helped. The problem is sorted now just stopped on its own. My guess is it was just a loose connection on a sensor.

I bought my first Vectra-C in April 2007 (2004 1.9 DTI upgraded Elegance) replacing my Chrysler Voyager 3.3ltr Petrol (although I also have a Cavalier). The difference in fuel consumption is amazing the Voyager was drinking more than I doJ. The other amazing differences are cheaper insurance and cheaper, more accessible parts. My two sons have Veccys and my eldest daughter has a 2002 Astra. My Son-in-law has a customised 3ltr, 6 x Speed gearbox Vectra and is the VVOC North West Regional Organiser - name MCD - some of you may know him from other Veccy sites.

My car has just had its 100,000 mile service @ 107,000miles and passed an MOT test yesterday with flying colours. All it needed was a replacement number plate light - £12 fitted. However they tell me last year it would have failed because there is no Authorised registration stamp on the number plates. Apparently because they were inundated with failures they have had to postpone that rule. Rumour is they will be introducing it again soon. It’s so the police and Ministry of Transport can use automatic number plate recognition readers.

I live in Cheadle Hulme, Cheshire, married with nine Children (hence the Voyager) although some have grown up and moved out now. I have my own IT company Ncompass Computing Ltd, I sell tiscali internet/phone/TV services (always looking for new people if anybody needs extra cash for little work) I also run a small same-day Courier business (hence the Veccy) and work as a Loans introducer (if anybody needs to borrow some cash) and in my spare time I have my own Rock Band gigging most weekends (available for weddings Christenings…etc) and to burn off any excess energy I like to do kickboxing but getting to old for that now -too many injuries L.

There’s a bit there to talk about but if you want to know more let me know. Problem is shutting me up once I start.

Cheers to All
    Ncompass AKA Ian

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

BTW It`s never a good sign when the car "drinks" more than the owner
    Having a V6 myself.....belive me I drink a lotttttt

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Vectra Estate

Trim : Elite

Engine : 3.2 V6

Year : 04

Mileage : 000

Hi there. Welcome to the site Ian. With all the activities you do,how do you find time to be on this site.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Vectra C Estate

Trim : Elite

Engine : 1.9 CDTi

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Yeh! Hi Bluerob, Really bad news - my son-in-law has a 3.0ltr v6 and he is very envious of the diesel's fuel efficiency. But he had a Minaro a couple of years ago and that really did drink more than Oliver Reed. But a lovely car, I miss the sound when he drove up outside or for that matter from about a mile away. Gave you time to put the kettle on.

Sad we have to worry about these things now.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Hi Ed

To be truthful between Facebook, Youtube BBC.co.uk and here something is really missing out. Unfortunately it's the work

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

HELLO

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Hi Lofty69

Can’t guess where the name came from - my favorite number is actually 68….?

I nearly bought a Vectra-C Elite from near you but HPI check proved it had been clocked losing around 60,000 miles got my deposit back though.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by Ncompass View Post
    Yeh! Hi Bluerob, Really bad news - my son-in-law has a 3.0ltr v6 and he is very envious of the diesel's fuel efficiency. But he had a Minaro a couple of years ago and that really did drink more than Oliver Reed. But a lovely car, I miss the sound when he drove up outside or for that matter from about a mile away. Gave you time to put the kettle on.

Sad we have to worry about these things now.
    Oliver Reed
    Yeah I know fuel prices are...well you know...specially in your side of the world
    I think I`ll waint on a V12 that I had my eye on... I wish!!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Hi W00SH05

Seems you’ve had a pile of trouble with your Veccy, hopefully it will be sorted soon. I must admit mines hardly cost me anything other than the service.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information