OK lads, I'm at my wits end with it, heres the situation, got my Vectra with only 1 remote key which worked fine for about 2 weeks, then sometimes it would unlock/lock by remote, sometimes it wouldnt, then the dealer sent me the spare, which worked fine ever since I got it, while the original now doesnt work at all.

so today I got a mk4 astra remote key and a mk5 astra flippy key for my mk3 astra, as the remote bits aint compatible with my car I decided to try the batteries in the vectra key that wasnt working, the astra batteries being identical to the vectra ones except the astra ones were Panasonic, the Vectra ones Sony, so tried it, key still would unlock car with any of the astra batteries (which are brand new), so put the astra batteries in the working vec key to see if it was because the batteries were incompatible, so the astra batteries in the working vec key unlocked the car, locked it, unlocked again, and when I went to lock again it refused to work.

thought ****** it, put the 2 sony batteries back in the vec keys, tried them again, this time the vec key that wasnt working was now working while the other "good key" wasnt, thinking i'd put the batteries back in the wrong keys, swapped the sony's in the vec keys for each other and now none of the vec keys were working the car, so I swapped the sony's with each other again and am yet to try my good key with the definite original battery it had.

completely scoobied, will be making the dealer look at it when it goes for its first service in 10K miles (currently on 20K) which wont be till about february. meanwhile need more ideas.

HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!