Thread: 2.0T buying advice

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Default 2.0T buying advice

Whilst on my travels today I spotted a 2.0T signum elite at a main dealers, it is on a '54' plate, has done 23,000 miles
    and is up at £9400....I wasn't intending to change cars yet but this really caught my eye and I may even be tempted
    to come back from the dark side to petrol again.

Firstly, is this a reasonable price. I haven't seen many 2.0T's on forecourts so I haven't got much of an idea?

Next, fuel consumption. I know this has probably been mentioned before but it would be interesting to see how many
    miles other 2.0T owners are getting from a tank (mixed driving).

I've always been tempted by the siggy elite and this one looks soooooo nice in ultra blue, and with the current BSR
    thread going on at the moment it's really really tempting. It also had electric memory seats, which I thought
    were dropped about a year earlier?

I'm going yo go and have a proper look at it tomorrow as I have a couple of days off workbut I seriously
    think its time to sit down, do the sums and weigh up my options.

Any advice or comments welcome guys.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Insignia Grand Sport

Trim : SRI VX-LINE NAV

Engine : 1.5T (165)

Year : 2018

Mileage : 37000

Quote Originally Posted by pricey View Post
    Whilst on my travels today I spotted a 2.0T signum elite at a main dealers, it is on a '54' plate, has done 23,000 miles
    and is up at £9400....I wasn't intending to change cars yet but this really caught my eye and I may even be tempted

Firstly, is this a reasonable price. I haven't seen many 2.0T's on forecourts so I haven't got much of an idea?

Next, fuel consumption. I know this has probably been mentioned before but it would be interesting to see how many
    miles other 2.0T owners are getting from a tank (mixed driving).

I've always been tempted by the siggy elite and this one looks soooooo nice in ultra blue, and with the current BSR
    thread going on at the moment it's really really tempting. It also had electric memory seats, which I thought
    were dropped about a year earlier?

I'm going yo go and have a proper look at it tomorrow as I have a couple of days off work but I seriously
    think its time to sit down, do the sums and weigh up my options.

Any advice or comments welcome guys.
    List price in 2004 was around the £22K mark I think lowish mileage two and a half years old seems a good price - Duncan would have a better idea - he has the same model IIRC

You're right you don't see many 2.0T's on forecourts. That's because they're so good owners hang onto them

I get between 350 and 400 miles to a tank mixed driving but not that much motorway driving Hope that helps. You would be more than welcome coming back from the dark side BTW

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

I've got an Edition 100 and round town its doing about 26mpg. Not bad considering the sort of car it is. Motorway driving I usually see around 35mpg at a steady 80mph. Its better than the inlaws are getting out of their Signum 2.2 direct so can't complain. There will always be the arguement about Turbo Diesels being better these days especially with fuel consumption and I won't argue ( I used to have a DTiSRi) except to say, when that turbo is on full chat, you can't beat the sound of a petrol turbo!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by bigun View Post
    I've got an Edition 100 and round town its doing about 26mpg. Not bad considering the sort of car it is. Motorway driving I usually see around 35mpg at a steady 80mph. Its better than the inlaws are getting out of their Signum 2.2 direct so can't complain. There will always be the arguement about Turbo Diesels being better these days especially with fuel consumption and I won't argue ( I used to have a DTiSRi) except to say, when that turbo is on full chat, you can't beat the sound of a petrol turbo!
    Hi mate,
    Not sure of the year of your inlaws car,but my 05 2.2 direct does around 31mpg around town and 38mpg on the motorway.
    I use V-power,have a BMC panel filter,and have fitted NGK platinum sparks.
    Before it used to do 26-28 around town and 36 on the motorway.
    So a fairly healthy difference for a one off outlay,the panel filter can be washed and the sparks should last the rest of the time i'll own the car,if not the engine....
    And the noise the engine makes now plus 80mph with extra pull thanks to the plugs is worth it alone!!!!!!!

Ex Vec-C Admin / Founder Duncan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

The mileage is very low for that age of car, so it should be in excellent condition. Just as a comparison the Vx site gives a trade-in value of that age/spec/mileage of £8,800 - so £9,400 on a forecourt, especially if it came with some sort of warranty, isn't looking too bad. I'd still see if you can knock them down to just under 9K though.
    Next, fuel consumption. I know this has probably been mentioned before but it would be interesting to see how many miles other 2.0T owners are getting from a tank (mixed driving).
    Looking at 26-28 on mixed driving, down to 22-24 if you've been driving enthusiastically on a tank (or been doing all urban driving) and I've had 32 on a long run with cruise sat on 80mph. Basically with mixed driving you should be seeing 300 miles per tank, more on a longer run.
    I've always been tempted by the siggy elite and this one looks soooooo nice in ultra blue,...
    Ooooh, the best colour as well!!
    It also had electric memory seats, which I thought were dropped about a year earlier?
    Yep, they were. They became manual seats - not even normal non-memory electric!! Being an 04 it will still be very well specced, like my 03 Elite. It would have come with a Travel Assistant as standard so make sure it's still got it. If not, then another bargaining chip!
    .....and with the current BSR thread going on at the moment it's really really tempting.
    Oh yes, with a BSR Stage 1 you'll be smiling!
    Quote Originally Posted by bigun View Post
    .....except to say, when that turbo is on full chat, you can't beat the sound of a petrol turbo!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by sparky71a View Post
    Hi mate,
    Not sure of the year of your inlaws car,but my 05 2.2 direct does around 31mpg around town and 38mpg on the motorway.
    I use V-power,have a BMC panel filter,and have fitted NGK platinum sparks.
    Before it used to do 26-28 around town and 36 on the motorway.
    So a fairly healthy difference for a one off outlay,the panel filter can be washed and the sparks should last the rest of the time i'll own the car,if not the engine....
    And the noise the engine makes now plus 80mph with extra pull thanks to the plugs is worth it alone!!!!!!!
    Cool, will let them know, thanks. I know it has a K&N panel filter in so far. Its an 06 2.2 Direct Elite. Only had Vauxhall as an owner before they bought it and only has 16000 miles on it and the air con doesn't get cold at all! Its going in for warranty work I think.

Cheers

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Buy it as it sounds a cracker..

I went from a 1.9 CDTi to a 2.0T and it was the best thing i have doneand the fuel consumption isnt bad at all, mines is sitting as 33Mpg on the computer

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Insignia Grand Sport

Trim : SRI VX-LINE NAV

Engine : 1.5T (165)

Year : 2018

Mileage : 37000

Quote Originally Posted by Steven View Post
    Buy it as it sounds a cracker..

I went from a 1.9 CDTi to a 2.0T and it was the best thing i have doneand the fuel consumption isnt bad at all, mines is sitting as 33Mpg on the computer
    As above, went from a 1.8 to a 2.0T. As Duncan says, if you can get the dealer down to £9K with a Network Q guarantee, you should be laughing.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Cheers for the info guys, i'm going to give this some serious consideration. I'll have to see what
    price they offer me for mine and work out if I can live with the fuel economy.

Quote Originally Posted by Duncan View Post
    Ooooh, the best colour as well!!
    Thats what drew me to it, after seeing yours and knowing what a bit of effort and attention to detail can turn it into.

Ex Vec-C Admin / Founder Duncan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Thats what drew me to it, after seeing yours and knowing what a bit of effort and attention to detail can turn it into.

Thread Information