User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Today at Tescos

Cirencester (Days off) Lyneham (Work days)
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Default Today at Tescos

I couldn't believe what happened today at Tescos in Cirencester.

I had just parked my car and was walking to the door when i heard a crash. I looked around and saw a woman in a Veccy B pulling back out of a space which also had a shopping trolley in it. I thought nothing of it as i thought she had just hit the trolley. She then proceded to drive away.

It was only later when i walked back past the space that i realised she hadn't hit a trolley, she had infact driven into the side of an N reg BMW 5 series estate, who's owner was looking at the damage to his car.

I told him what i had seen, but i hadn't noted her number plate as i hadn't thought much of it at the time. There was quite alot of damage to the car. The trim had been ripped off, rear door and panel were dented and well scratched. He said thanks, felt kinda sorry that i couldn't help more other than tell him what i had seen.

I think it is disgusting that she would do something like that and just drive off like nothing happened. I can't stand people like that.

I hope she gets home and her husband gives her a right rollicking and forces her to go report it to Tescos or the police, as it is discraceful.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

I seen that happen before. A guy in a Ford Fusion his a brand new Fcous, knocked it half way into the space behind and then drove off, cracked the number plate and some of the bumper

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Signum

Trim : Elite

Engine : 3.2 V6

Year : 05

Todays society, people just don't give a $hit about others anymore. Self centred, selfish b@stards.
    Hopefully she may have a guilt trip and do the decent thing but i wouldn't hold my breath

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

i feel quite lucky then!!!! when the old lady reversed into me last week when i was in tescos she waited for me to come out so she could give me her details. Lucky cos the work is gonna cost her insurance well over £1500

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

My mums Astra got about an 8 inch scratch across the back wing wen she only got it 3 days before

Cirencester (Days off) Lyneham (Work days)
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by neilshaw1980 View Post
    i feel quite lucky then!!!! when the old lady reversed into me last week when i was in tescos she waited for me to come out so she could give me her details. Lucky cos the work is gonna cost her insurance well over £1500
    Yeah, there are many decent people about. When my mum was opening the car door a few years ago, the wind caught it and blew it into the door of a classic VW beetle in sainsbury's car park. He went into the shop and got an announcement put over the tannoy for the owner to come out. The owner got all s**tty about it and my dad was like "you were lucky i stayed and gave you my details as i could have just driven off"

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

the way that i look at it is that i would be mighty ****ed off if someone did it to me so i wouldnt do it to anyone else

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

My car was scratched in a local car park & the Rover with matching bumper marks was still parked next to me, the driver obviouslyt hadn't realised he'd glanced the car (6" scratch), but his missus went full throttle claiming I'd nothing better to do than hang around car parks harrasing inoccent people, luckily the scratch was less than laquer deep & it 95% polished out.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by Vec-6289 View Post
    I told him what i had seen, but i hadn't noted her number plate as i hadn't thought much of it at the time. There was quite alot of damage to the car. The trim had been ripped off, rear door and panel were dented and well scratched. He said thanks, felt kinda sorry that i couldn't help more other than tell him what i had seen
    Most of the larger TESCO stores now have CCTV that covers the car park entrance, and reads the number plates of vehicles entering and/or leaving
    The records are kept for 30 days, as per required under the Data Protection Act
    Making a request in writing to view the footage should be made, advising that a vehicle accident occured with the driver leaving the scene and not reporting this accordingly
    The Police should also be informed
    Quite a simple process really

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

I watched an elderly guy reverse back into a new astra outside a bank and drive off. Fortunately got his number plate and gave it to the woman when she came back to her car!

And the other day, someone had reversed into my missus's car, dented all the door and scratched it, no sign of them anywhere. And that was right by my house!

Some people are just idiots with no respect for other peoples property or feelings...or wallets!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information