Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : VXD

Year : 2007

Mileage : 90000

Default TPMS help needed please

Hey guys anyone ever fitted tpms having problems with mine

Was told the plug in on rear arches but I have no where to put them...

Can someone please help me to find where the parts need fitting I have a pic below of the kit I have

Many thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Astra j sports tourer

Trim : elite

Engine : 1.6 cdti

Year : 2015

the wiring harness runs from the rear axle harness plug back to the
    passenger plastic rear arch liner is were the flat reciever
    mounts onto on the inner side of the plastic
    arch liner then there you plug it into the reciever.

the other reciever that are on feet mounts behind the front
    passenger side inner plastic arch liner,theres 2 threaded
    studs in were it mounts and secured with 2 plastic nuts,
    then you should find the plug for that reciever taped to the
    loom next to were the front reciever mounts.

the module with the little aerial on mounts in the boot and
    pending what shape the car is as follows-

vectra hatch - mounts below offside rear lamp
    estate- behind passenger rear seat bolster.
    signum- below nearside rear lamp.

also baring in mind that have you checked that
    you also have the body wiring present to feed
    the module and front n rear recievers.

Last edited by andy.l; 28th July 2014 at 22:25.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Thanks very much that's great will have a look 2moz and let you know how I get on

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Opel Vectra

Trim : OPC

Engine : 2,8 V6

Year : 2008

a bit of advice for this - if you're using an emergency jack and a single jack stand, find something else, as you'll barely get under the car to do this. Also, there are little rubber covers inside the plug where you need to fit the pins, use a sewing needle to push them out - a set of pliers will just rip them apart. I couldn't find any fixing points for the wire, so I just cable tied it to the brake lines in the wheel arch

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Opel Vectra GTS

Trim : Elegance

Engine : 2.2 DTi 16V

Year : 2003

Mileage : 75 000

The body wiring will be there if you have the connector in the boot, as the oher ends have to be in the required locations (there's no more intermediates here than the final looms).

If you don't hev the connector, then you're quite in trouble...

Then you'll need to check under your fenders mudguards.

If you don't have the wiring either, then you'll have to add wires from the X26 large connecter under the bonnet behind the ABS module, and to the rear underbody loom that dispatches the ABS sensors and xenon/AFL yaw sensors. The X5 connector for the latter is under the car, approximately half way to the rear left wheel.

If you do have the connector in the boot, you can be sure the X26 and X5 connectors are wired. Then it will depend on your actual headlights and rear underbody looms...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Vectra

Trim : SRi

Engine : CDTI 150

Year : 2006

Mileage : 103000

It's not hard to make up the wiring, I had to do it to mine.

I'd be pretty certain to say that the majority of vecs (especially facelifted ones) don't have the required wiring at all unless they have had a fully-populated body loom fitted as part of maybe factory fit rear electric windows or some other non-standard gadgetry.

You need to connect 7 wires, 2 to the front sensor that lives in the nearside front wheelarch (you probably won't have any wiring for this if you have a facelift, so you'll need to go scrappy hunting - try checking 2002-2003 pre-facelifts, they tend to be specced for most of the toys), 2 that go under the car through the grommet in the front of the rear seats, and a switched live, earth and low-speed canbus. (Power is on the XR1 plug - pin A7, Canbus is on the XR2 plug - pin D9, you can just tap this wire but make sure the battery is disconnected first, just in case. You can pick up a ground in the spare wheel well, rear left hand side - there's a big point with loads of brown ground cables going to it - you can't miss it)

Once you have picked up the earth, power and canbus, you then just have to run the other wires. 2 up the car, 2 under it - it's not rocket science to do it, it takes a couple hours if you take your time. Also, protip - don't bother adding the wires into X26 (the big multiplug behind the ABS module) as it is a COMPLETE ballache and not worth the hassle. Just run the wires up the back of the dash, through the LHD bonnet pull grommet and drop them down into the wing from there. Trust me on this one!!!

The fiddly bit is connecting to the axle multiplug under the car for the rear sensor, then making up a loom to go from that multiplug, over the axle to the top of the rear wheel arch liner where the rear sensor mounts (well, not really a sensor - an antenna). It looks like you have that loom, but you're missing all of the body wiring.

I bought this from ebay: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/50M-AUTOMO...item3cce7b0ab2

You can specify the wire cut, so I had it cut as follows:

8m black/white
    8m brown/blue
    8m brown/white
    8m green/yellow
    6m green
    6m black
    6m brown

They're not strictly OEM colours but they're not far off, then it's just a case of obtaining the right connectors (the 12-way lock connector can be tricky to find, I got mine out of a vec estate and modified it to suit) and pins, then set to work looming it all up.

I can't remember the pinout for the TPMS header, but I can dig it out if needed. I know that members like @andy.l offer retrofit kits, so if it seems like a bit too much work, there's always that option.
    Last edited by ThatAudioBloke; 29th July 2014 at 18:55.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Well I have checked my 57 Sri xp and the 04 elite and none of them looks like it has the wires in the front arch as gone see from pics and there is nothing in boot I stripped it all and can't find any wires looks like it gonna be the hard way

Thanks for the help guys

Thataudiobloke top block will have to try it

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Don't surpose this has owt to do with it from a 2002 Sri

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Vectra C

Trim : Elite Estate

Engine : 1.9 CDTi 16v 120 BHP

Year : 2005

Here's some pictures I took of mine, although mine is an estate so the mounting points for the controller are different to the hatch.

Looking forward from where the fusebox is in the boot, the 12 pin plug for the controller is up on the rear passenger wheel arch here:

Looking from the rear passenger door with the seat bolster removed (sorry, perhaps shouldn't have taken the photo in bright sunlight):

Here I've unwrapped the plug and wiring from where it's taped out of the way and pulled it out to get a better picture:

Here with the controller plugged in and mounted:

Now under the car, I've found these 2 looms:

They are under the passenger rear door just in front of the fuel tank.

I'm guessing the lower one is stuff for the fuel tank. It only has 4 wires going in and out of it, picture from the other side:

The more substantial 12 pin plug that's higher in the other picture seems to have a lot more wires coming in from the body loom:

But only has 4 coming out, so guessing they're for the ABS or something at the rear axel as I don't have xenons or any of the levellers (yet). I'm also guessing this is where the wiring for the rear TPMS antenna will also connect into like @Z80 and @ThatAudioBloke say.

I'll try to get a picture of the front wheel arch wiring loom for you as well so you can see what it looks like and where it is

Hope that helps a bit

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Vectra

Trim : SRi

Engine : CDTI 150

Year : 2006

Mileage : 103000

Quote Originally Posted by Matty2Fatty View Post
    But only has 4 coming out, so guessing they're for the ABS or something at the rear axel as I don't have xenons or any of the levellers (yet). I'm also guessing this is where the wiring for the rear TPMS antenna will also connect into like @Z80 and @ThatAudioBloke say.

I'll try to get a picture of the front wheel arch wiring loom for you as well so you can see what it looks like and where it is

Hope that helps a bit
    That's a car fully wired for TPMS save for the back axle wiring (which is what @Mws has shown in the first pic he posted).

You just need to pop the front arch liner back and plug the front antenna in, then fit the rear one into position on the rear arch liner and wire it up to the correct pins in the larger of the two undercar plugs, get the valves fitted in the tyres and you're done.
    @Mws - you're on the wrong side of the car there, and preface tpms is only really useful to get the plugs and some wire from, as you will need to pin the module differently for facelift tpms (preface has 4 antennae, facelift only has 2).

If you can find the black 12 pin plug that is shown in pics 3 and 4 posted by @Matty2Fatty you should be good to go. After that, the only other pins you will need are one to go into the REC for the +12v (which if you snip one of the plugs with plenty of wiring attached, you can easily make it up or someone may help with the right pitch pins to buy for it) two to go under the car to the plug beside the fuel tank (again, snip snip with plenty of wire attached and you can make up a loom pretty easily). The hardest part will be finding the plug to the front antenna, but again - if you score lucky finding a car that is fully wired for TPMS, you can snip snip again, with enough cable and just make up the wiring from there.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information