0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Vectra

Trim : SRI

Engine : 1.9 150

Year : 2006

Mileage : 146,000

rolleyes Buying Another Vectra!!

Well guys, after handing over my 2005 cdti 150 SRI to the woman a few months ago im looking to buy another for myself now, ive found 2 different cars that caught my eye, a 2004 cdti 150 and a 2006 cdti 150, both SRI's, theres about €800 in the difference of price, the 06 being the highest. Im not too sure if i like the new front on the 06 but the thing is the flywheel has just been changed on it last month and the other guy has no knowledge of when it was changed on the 04 so the extra money would be worth it for that alone i was thinking...
    I was looking up specs and i see the newer model has a slower 0-60 than the older, why would this be as it shows the newer model also lighter?? Another thing is will the 06 have a DPF and is this why theres a slower 0-60 mabey? And ive read here that the newer model comes with less "toys" than the older but doesnt say what they are exactly??
    I plan on doing a small few mods to it when i get it, nothing really major, i was thinking air filter, EGR blank, decat and a remap and that should bring it to around 190bhp? Also if it has a DPF id be taking this out aswell...
    For the small increase in money id probably go for the 06 but i wouldnt really choose one over the other for the different front ends but more so if theres any other pro's/con's between the models..

So my main Questions are

1: Is the newer model really slower than the older, and if so, why?
    2: Does the newer model have a DPF?
    3: What extra's does the older model have that the newer does'nt?
    4: Is there any other improvements the newer model holds over the older one?

Thanks in advance

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Morning,No there is no real world difference in performance only the way it was measured between pre- and face liftNo DPF on the hatchback only estatesA few trim differences such as cubby below steering wheel possibly adjustable bolsters on the front seats but little elseAs an 06 the improvements will not have been applied to inlet manifold and injector wiring, so both will be very similar in terms of long term reliabilityIf it has a new DMF it is already a good €900 (£650) ahead of the older car in terms of possible expenditure, so sounds a much more sound buy to me.For some reason I cannot alter spacing or paragraphs on this post!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Vectra

Trim : SRI

Engine : 1.9 150

Year : 2006

Mileage : 146,000

Ah thats good then, i was thinking that would be a fairly big minus to getting the newer model, if it was slower! I already had to stick the swirls open in the one we have now and change the stat, and the flywheel is making noise when cold since we got it so will need changing some time in the near future, but apart from that its been very reliable and good to drive with good power, especially since putting on a tuning box thats why im wanting to buy another veccy for myself!!
    Yep thats whats really swaying me, if i got the 04 and ended up having to do the flywheel it would work out more expensive than the 06 one!
    Would the mods i listed to do be ok or should i do anything else? I dont want to go too mad with it but rather just do a few basic things that would give a nice improvement!

Thread Information