A week on and my thoughts on the vxr so far ....

As you know I didn`t really want to sell my Astra so the poor vec had a hard job ahead of it, and it has won me over !! When I had a week off work before I was putting petrol in the Astra every other day. Having changed my driving style to suit the thumping V6 engine and puddling around town at between 1000-1500 rpm the vectra hasn`t been filled since I got home last Sunday, and i have done quite a bit of running (and not all at low revs *lol*) . The power delivery is so smooth and it is still delivering bucket loads of torque when I would have been changing gear in the Astra, off boost then get another whack when the turbo spun up .. None of this drama with the vec, which does make it feel not as quick. But it accelerates very very quickly, pulling onto the dual carriageway near my house it accelerates upto 80 efforless and without the torquesteer and boost of the Astra . Comfort is second to none, the recaro`s are firm but soooo comfy, and adjust a lot more than the Astra ones with lumber support as well. Speedbumps and Multistoreys are a breeze as well, my old vec with the steiny spoiler ruled these out. So after a week the sheep in wolves clothing has won me over, and although I miss the fun of the Astra, I am enjoying the drama free driving and the wallop of torque which goes from 1000rpm right till the redline. For people who think they can`t afford to run one, it isn`t noticably different on petrol than the 2.2 was !!

Go on, you know you want to !!!!