Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Default Engine management light issue

Dear all,

I was looking for some advice on my Vectra CDTi SRi 1.9. I've owned the car for about 2 months and the mileage is 45k. I noticed last night that when turning the engine on, the engine management 'spanner' icon was illuminated. However, after around 3-4 minutes, and just after I entered a sliproad for the dual carrigeway, the light went out and stayed off completely. I got home and turned the engine off and all seemed well.

This morning, from a cold start the engine management light was on again but despite taking it really easy and keeping the revs low, it went off again after a few minutes of driving. It seems that whatever is causing the light to illuminate is not present after the engine has warmed up.

I don't know if this is connected to the above, but...last Monday I was driving home from work and after about a mile of driving I had to stop on a hill in traffic. I put my handbrake on and when trying to move off, the car seemed really sluggish and didn't respond anywhere near as well as it always has done previously. However, it got to around 3rd gear and all was well and normal power was resumed. I then had to stop at a set of traffic lights and so put my handbrake on again. I then noticed exactly the same thing as mentioned previously. The car had low power for a few seconds but when reaching around 30mph the car seemed to get going again and I was able to drive it normally. Now, I had to stop at another set of lights and after releasing the handbrake the car was sluggish again. I managed to get it above 30-40mph and it seemed to go back to normal.

I would like to state that this has not happened since last Monday and so I'm not sure whether there was an issue with the handbrake/callipers ceasing up on the rims as I had this issue with my old T-Reg Vectra a few years ago.

Could the engine management light and the sluggishness issues be connected and/or does anyone know why the engine management light would disappear after a few minutes of driving?

Thanks,

Daz

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Glow plugs maybe or egr valve needs cleaned

Thread Information