Thread: Ebay problem

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Default Ebay problem

I sold an iphone on ebay about a week and half ago, guys had the phone a week and has now decided to contact me stating how unpleased he is with the purchase. Here is the original advert -

Here i have my USED condition Iphone 4 32gb in black, please be aware the item is USED so does have some very minor scratches that you can hardly see. Item also has a very very tiny chip at one corner, again hardly noticable but do have to mention. Item includes box, usb cable, charging plug, unused earphones, and a free Hugo Boss phone case.

Paypal payment only or cash on collection

No refunds offered
    Uk bidders only
    Happy Bidding
    Scammers will be spotted

He has now contacted me stating i didnt not mention it was locked to a network and is requesting i pay for it to be unlocked by apple or give a full refund, and has also opened a case against me. Ive messaged him back saying the items physical condition was exactly as described and also states no refunds offered, and also that being that it is a used handset it will have been used on a certain network, if he required it to be on o2 he should have asked me prior to bidding. Im sick of people trying it on ive told him to carry on with the case as i want closure also.

What would you do?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

how much did he pay for it?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Honda Civic

Trim : ES with Honda Image and City Packs

Engine : 1.8 iVtec

Year : 2009

Mileage : 85000

I would ask him why he though it was unlocked for all networks, the advert doesn't say it is. If buying a phone from ebay my first question would be "what network is it on?" Ok, seeing the other side of the coin it might have been handy if the advert stated it was on O2 too I suppose.
    Tell him to return it, once youve received it you will refund him his money minus the postage. Reason I say this is don't be surprised if ebay/paypal side with him, they seem to side with the buyers on most occasion from what ive seen. If they do side with him they will refund him the money anyway and he'll have your phone.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    574 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Vectra

Trim : SRi

Engine : 150

Year : 05

Mileage : 74000

imo, you should have stated what network it was on, and he should have asked when he saw it wasnt listed/mentioned. But as you advert said no refunds etc etc and the item matches the description then thats his lookout... dont think there will be any come back on you.
    Plasma's Tech2 services are now open and able to provide services

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

It doesn't say what network or if it's locked, so buyer shouldn't have bid if he hadn't checked....

That's the way it would work if I were the buyer. If it doesn't say I'd have asked. I don't think you're in the wrong here. Trying to get one over on you or scam his money back perhaps.

Stuart

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

In my experience if he paid through paypal they will refund his money (and take it back out of your account) if he says it was not as described.
    They almost always take the side of the buyer in any dispute, thats why I buy from Ebay but don't sell on it.
    Good luck.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Engine : Z18XER

Year : 2008

Hi,
    regardless of you listing no refunds offered and the item matched the description and like plasma said it would have been wise to actually state the networks it would work on. Ebay/paypal will rule in favour of the buyer and You will be out of pocket on postage costs. I know from experience on 2 items I have sold that were exactly as listed but the buyers played the game as they knew ebay/paypal would take their side. My advice would to be to first, offer half the the cost of unlocking the phone through the case messaging system and if they decline that offer full price for the unlock or be prepared for the phone to be sent back to You. If it gets sent back to you and the item was over over £150 it needs to sent back via a postage method that allows for a signed electronic reciept. If the likes of Hermes are used and You are not in, they are prone to leaving parcels round the back and putting a delivery card through the door. If this is the case, then You have the opportunity to play them.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

I doubt apple will unlock it, I would have thought that was down to the network it is locked too. If its out of contract, the network should unlock it free. All they down is mark it unlocked in Apples DB. I'd contact the network and ask them if they can unlock it. Get confirmation from them and forward onto buyer to stop him claiming to still locked. Sounds to me like he's just trying to scam you into getting some money back.

One network is unlocked, he just needs to connect it to iTunes and it'll unlock the handset and he'll see a message saying its now network unlocked.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

I'd be wary about taking the phone back. Could you tell if its the same phone?

Thread Information