Thread: I miss that 2.8 V6 Turbo!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Default I miss that 2.8 V6 Turbo!

I decided a few weeks ago that the Vectra was going to be too small for fitting our little 14 month old boy in after the arrival of our little lady a week ago, especially when we go away.

So my lovely Vectra 2.8 V6 Turbo has gone; it was still like new with only 38k miles and it was a real rocket with brutal acceleration but at a cost ....fuel!

Here is an old photo, she looked much better after lowering but I haven't uploaded any images of the car after lowering.
    The Elite looks so much nicer and handles so much better with an Eibach Pro-kit fitted.

I decided that an estate was a better bet for me for when we go away so went for one of these. It's actually pretty good and looks OK with the lowered suspension & bodykit (both factory spec). It has quite a good satnav system, leccy heated leather, dual climate, cruise, remote opening tailgate so its quite well specced too which I'm pleased about as the Vec was so well specced & it's nice not to go backwards when changing cars. It's a 2.4 naturally aspirated Vtech; I thought it was a bit lacklustre compared to the Vectra 2.8 Turbo but then I realised the Vtech revs to 9k rpm

Fuel economy is a lot better which I'm surprised about as I thought it'd be similar.

Anyway, since people usually ask for details of the replacement ...here it is:-

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Saab

Trim : 9-3 Vert

Engine : 2.0

Year : 2000

Gutted for you mate. Thought you were keeping it?

The accord is a nice car though, and at least the petrol doesnt have the clutch issues of the Diesel

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

I was going to but although the boot area in the Vectra is pretty big, the rake of the rear screen was prohibitive to loading it up high on trips away.

The fuel consumption wasn't too bad if I pootled about everywhere in it but where's the fun in that?
    The temptation to use that turbo was there on every journey and it was great fun, definitely quicker than my previous Audi too.

The Accord isn't as quick and torquey but it is still rapid enough and because you use the revs to get that power you don't tend to do that a great deal, well I don't as I never really thrash my cars and revving any car high to me is like thrashing it so I don't very often. Compared to most similar types of estates it's quite sporty to drive. I loved the Vectra but one big disappointment to me was always the handling; I never felt confident powering through bends and always found myself backing off and the steering gave very little feedback, the chassis on them could be a whole lot better. It was better with the Eibach kit fitted but that was not enough to make it a dynamic drive.

In contrast, the Accord feels very nimble and like it's on rails.

In pretty much every other respect, I really rate the Vectra very highly and would recommend them to anyone looking for a good car.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Forgot to say..... I shouldn't have clutch issues as it's a 2.4 with a tiptronic box (like the Elite had).

And, many thanks to all for their help on here when I needed it over the past year.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Vauxhall

Trim : Astra gtc vxr

Engine : 2.0 turbo

Year : 2014

must admit mate my vectra is the exact same as yours and id be gutted if i got rid of it

Thread Information