Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : BMW 525i

Trim : SE Touring

Engine : 3.0

Year : 2007

Default Why did I buy a GSi ?

Well a little over a month ago I took on a major change in my life, moving halfway across the country and starting up as a self-employed sparky. Obviously I needed a van as the GSi just isn't practical for this work and so I got myself a Peugeot Expert which despite a couple of little niggles, is proving adequate for the task.
    As you might imagine, the question of money is my top priority at the moment as so disposing of the GSi was a hard choice I was pretty much resigned to.... and looking at current sale prices of GSi's even with the sub 50k mileage on mine, I wouldn't be looking at much for it. So for the moment as I am STILL waiting for the V5 to come back with my new address, but as I have already shelled out for insurance and it's still in date for tax, I'm keeping it and just using the van.

And so we come to the title of this little rambling. Why did I buy a GSi? Well yesterday I decided to go pick up a few small stock items and felt like getting some oil around the 3.2 so I took the GSi. I LOVE IT.... I LOVE IT.... I LOVE IT !! Within seconds of moving off I was reminded just how much I love this car. The power, response, control...awesome! I got to the local main roundabout and was able to pull out safely without any hesitation... round the roundabout like it was on rails....and if any of you were the Suffolk Constab. in the traffic Volvo who hung on my tail until the NSL before charging off at 90+ (without blue lights) ... no, you can't have it !

I have been reminded just how wonderful the GSi is so I really am thinking in terms of keeping it on as a 'weekender'. The GSi grin factor strikes again

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Vectra Estate

Trim : Elite

Engine : 3.2 V6

Year : 04

Mileage : 000

Good engine they have don,t they. I use mine every day. Did about ont thousand miles in mine last week as I had the week of work.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

I know where your coming from, many a time I've thought of replacing my GSI for something else. Then I get in it for a drive and all the thoughts if replacing it go out of the window.
    3k certainly buys a lot of car with a GSI.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by wazpaz View Post
    3k certainly buys a lot of car with a GSI.
    Half of that, with full leather http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/3208996569...t_25222wt_1398

Was hoping to sell mine, but with engine probs and other issues I'm breaking mine.

Thread Information