0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Vectra Estate

Trim : Elite

Engine : 3.2 V6

Year : 04

Mileage : 000

Default Budding music players

Do any of you musical instrument players know of any free music score sites I can download piano music for Larisa, I bought her a Yamaha digital piano for Christmas and would like some sheet music she can play whilst I am on the site with the rest of the members.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

If you'd have asked for guitar I could've helped. I play Bass myself!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

There is plenty out there Ed, like Brocks i play the guitar and the tab and music scores are endless, just do a search with good old Google and im sure Larisa will find something that will suit

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

I've always wanted to learn to play the guitar. Is it feasable to use one of those 'teach yourself' cds/dvds or do you really need to use an tutor.

And what's the price of a decent guitar??

(sorry for hijacking the thread)

spoons

I used to play lead guitar years ago, but not good enough now as I've let it all lapse.

It all depends what type of music you like MLC...

CLASSIC GUITAR
    You can choose from a Classic Guitar which use nylon strings, big bodied with its own acoustic properties (big sound hole in the middle). These guitars dont need any electrics to work, so can be carried around all over the place without any additional equipment.

The upside to classic guitars for beginners is they are cheap & as they use 'fat nylon' strings they wont 'cut' into your fingers too much whilst your fingers harden..
    The downside to classic guitars for beginners are they usually have a wide fret board, which means that it can be harder for beginners to create 'chords', especially bar chords.

Costs from £30 upwards for a really cheap one

SEMI ACOUSTIC GUITAR
    You can choose from a Semi-Acoustic Guitar which use steel strings, big bodied with its own acoustic properties (usually 'F' sound holes either side of the body), but also have electric pickups so can be easily amplified. Can be used on its own or with an amplifier and effects pedals.

The upside to Semi Acoustics for beginners is they are very versatile and have a narrow fretboard, so you can get bar chords much easier. You can amplify your sounds also.
    The downside to Semi Acoustics for beginners is can be a bit costly..

Costs from £70 upwards for a really cheap one

ELECTRIC GUITAR
    You can choose from an electric guitar which use thin guage steel strings, narrow hard bodied with no acoustic properties (you can hardly hear them without amplification).

The upside to Electric Guitars for beginners is they are very easy to play, as they use narrow fret boards, thin guage strings and low action (dont need much strength to hold the string against the fret board).

The upside to Electric guitar is they are very very versatile when amplified.
    The BIG downside to electric guitar for beginners is you may spend more time p!55ing about with effects pedals, strumming like van halen, making a right racket and never learn how to play it.

Kits cost from about £80-100 for a cheap setup

Hope that helps.....

spoons

Quote Originally Posted by MLC View Post
    I've always wanted to learn to play the guitar. Is it feasable to use one of those 'teach yourself' cds/dvds or do you really need to use an tutor.
    You can use 'Teach Yourself' systems, but you have to be a very determined character to keep going (I find them a bit soul destroying, as you can spend weeks and just get a crappy 'plink' 'plink' sound.

Tutors are better and they can interact with you to see what music you like and you can learn something that you are familiar with. This keeps you going as you know what you are aiming at, and hopefully, each time you practice you get a little bit better.. Also, people who listen to you will recognise what they are hearing...

Like all things, finding a good tutor is the problem.. someone who isnt just in it for the money !!.. go you the city and find a BIG music department and ask them if they know anyone, as there are usually notice boards advertising. Pick a tutor which plays the sort of music that you like !!

Good Luck..

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

I used to play rhythm guitar in a number of bands. Met my missus in one when we auditioned for a lead singer.

Anyway don't let that put you off. lol

Sounds like we're not far away from a Vectra C band.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

I play piano and use quite a few sites on the web. Another excellent source of sheet music (depending on where you live) is your local libarary. I think most larger cities have at least one branch with a music section if not a whole separate library.

Here's a few links you might find useful:

http://www.musicroom.com/index.ihtml
    http://www.pianoworld.com/ubb/ubb/ultimatebb.php
    http://www.learnjazzpiano.com/
    http://www.pianostreet.com/index.php
    http://www.rainmusic.com/pianomusic/free.htm#Popular
    http://www.musicnotes.com/

A lot of the free downloads are classical and/or religious - depends what you are looking for. If you want contemporary music, you'll probably have to pay.

I had a Clavinova a few years back, but sold it for a P250 Stage piano - I don't gig with it, I just preferred the sound of the stage model. Still working towards that Steinway 'D' grand - and the house big enough to put it in!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Definitely classical guitar. I think it's probably one of those things I'll think about on my deathbed and say " I wish I'd done that"

spoons

Quote Originally Posted by MLC View Post
    Definitely classical guitar. I think it's probably one of those things I'll think about on my deathbed and say " I wish I'd done that"
    Whats your budget !! ??

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information