Hi folks,

Like a complete plank I overfilled my 2.0 Dti with 10W40 oil and ran the car on a 100 mile round trip on the motorway before draining the oil to the correct level. It turns out I put in about 1 litre too much (about an inch on the dipstick).The yellow engine management light (car with spanner through it) popped up on the way home. After draining the oil to the correct level I have driven to work twice (each time is a 80 mile motorway journey) and the engine management light has popped up a few times for less than 30 seconds. I figure this is the exhaust clearing itself or something.

The problem… the car is significantly down on power, I don’t know if it is the turbo not working, gunge in the fuel filter…who knows….Does anyone have any thoughts? The car will get to motorway speeds but not very quickly, acceleration is down. Revving the engine out of gear seems to be OK and it will climb the rev range quickly to the 5000rpm.

Also as an aside I ran the car on 5W30 last year and other than being a bit smelly/smokey all ran fine. Could the oil change have any part in this?

Thanks Folks.

James