0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Vectra

Trim : SRi

Engine : Z20NET

Year : 04

Default Z20NET stainless turbo back exhaust

Expecting the usual ZNET guys to respond
    basically I've bought a larger diameter stainless turbo back exhaust for my 2.0T, question is wil I need a new gasket for the back of turbo/downpipe connection?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

where did you get the down pipe from? iv got a stainless cat back, minus the down pipe, id change the gasket for a new one, the standard vx gasket should work just fine

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Ok I told a little fib, it is a turbo back exhaust but it uses the standard downpipe, I am however going to use AAS in Newcastle to fabricate me a stainless downpipe to match the rest of the exhaust in the coming months
    Yeah a VX/SAAB gasket was all I was thinking really, rather than recycling an old one

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

I got a new one when I fitted mine, might as well get it done while you're at it. It wasn't a gasket but just a metal collar that was used.

Let me know how you get on as I need some exhaust work done on mine to remedy the MIJ horror story.

Regular Member accveccysriturbo's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

what happened at MIJ? as I was going to use these guys to do my exhaust in the next month or so.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Well, some disappointing news, spoke to Stewart at AAS in Newcastle (the best of the best when it comes to exhaust fabrication)
    Asked if he'd fit my exhaust and fabricate me a stainless downpipe to match in increased diameter, he said no, absolutely not, we'll have nothing to do with other people's exhausts, if you want it fitted you'll have to fit it yourself/elsewhere then bring it to us to fabricate and fit the downpipe
    I was planning to change the turbo at a later date to a more conventional 4 bolt square/rectangular flanged type, so I may just wait til then to have a down pipe fabricated

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by Kev_A View Post
    he said no, absolutely not, we'll have nothing to do with other people's exhausts
    You should have asked him if his exhausts blow fragranced air instead of exhaust fumes like "other people's exhausts" do.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by Jezzy View Post
    You should have asked him if his exhausts blow fragranced air instead of exhaust fumes like "other people's exhausts" do.
    Lol!
    I was pretty ****ed off with him tbh mate, his attitude stunk, thought that would be the least he could do as I've spent slot of money there over the years!

Never mind, one of my VX friends' mechanics is going to fit it for £20 then I'm taking it to Tyrespot (powerflow dealer) to weld for £25

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Have a look at WWW.EXHAUSTSUK.COM They look an interesting company with plenty of experience.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by accveccysriturbo View Post
    what happened at MIJ? as I was going to use these guys to do my exhaust in the next month or so.
    They didn't seam very knowlegable on what an exhaust system consists of for a start. I asked them to fit the new downpipe with sporst CAT as well as fabricate a CAT back exhaust however when I got their they thought they were just making a CAT back and the downpipe went onto the CAT(even a blind man could see that wasn't happening). When they realised that it was such a big job(3 bolts, 3 sensors and then refit the knew downpipe) the cost went from £60 to £80-100 for fitting the downpipe even though I had explained in an email what I wanted and they agreed. So they hadn't really read my emails at all.

Onto the fitting. When it came to removing the heat shield from the turbo the 2 mongs had a crow bar on the thing trying to remove it until I went over and pulled it off. I had already decided to watch these numpties with my beady eyes and now it became clear I had to. Eventually they got the downpipe fitted and I thought great that's took 4 hours they'll just mount the exhaust up and I'll be gone soon. Almost 5 hours later I left and that's after I had to haggle the price down as they charged £100 for the downpipe so I got it to £80.

Recently I noticed the exhaust was dropping on the right side and upon inspection the rubber mounts had failed, but that was only due to them using Hilux mounts that they had to cut up to fit so they were never in perfect condition when fitted. I got some new ones, but there was no chance on this earth they were going on so I've made do with some other mounts that do the job well. All good I though until I see another Hilux mount at the Y-section that will have to be chopped to bits to remove what is left of it(Probably fitted in the same chippy manner). The exhaust mounts are in such a position that there will be no chance of fitting the same kind to this one either!

All in all the exhaust is great, but everything else was awful, especially as the **** ******* tried to sell me a sports CAT and told me mine wasn't even though I knew categorically that it was and mentioned that the mesh inside that CAT should be vertical and not horizontal, it must say MUG on my head! And that fact that they were going to fit a different system to what I had requested in the email which I had to square away again after they mentioned about charging even more. Obviously read the email and passed the info to his useless cowboys!

It sounds great, but I'll give the credit to the downpipe and not their exhaust LOL

If you just want a CAT back exhaust you should be OK, but watch what mounts they fit and I'd keep an eye on them.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information