Thread: Looking at getiing a vectra gsi 3.2

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Default Looking at getiing a vectra gsi 3.2

Hi all new to the forum located in darlington looking at getting a gsi vectra after the christmas period is over seen a few ex police one's about and was wondering do these have the same spec as none police ones and also is there anything to look out for when viewing weather ex police or not also what sort of performance can i aspect from one coming from an impreza running 300bhp still want something with a bit of go in it but want some comfort an refinements now..

Cheers Lev

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Welcome along mate, If your wanting toys and comfort dont buy the ex police ones. They have SRI interiors and V6 running gear. A GSI or elite, will give you everything you want comfort, toys and if you find one with a decent mileage your looking at 100,000 miles less on the clock.

peter-gsi

Defo go for it mate. If you get an ex police one they may be high milage but they get very well cared for and looked after. I know this as my mate got one. They are not going to be as sharp as the impreza, you may notice the diffrence only a bit i think, but you can do some work on it to make it a more sporty. As for comfort i can't knock it at all, nice interior. Try and get one with the leather and have a good look for leather cracks.
    But in all i think it's a good choice.
    Just watch out for parts for it, dealers like subaru charge a lot because not many companies make after market parts.
    good luck.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

I'm an Aussie and the GSi's are ridiculously under stated.

If you compare the 3.2 to the equivalent 3.8 commodore, the 3.2 is still more powerful. I guess for the English the 3,2 would be closest to the 2.0T SRi?

Call it wrong as I'm not sure what is GSi/GTS/CDXi, material.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by lev1978 View Post
    Hi all new to the forum located in darlington looking at getting a gsi vectra after the christmas period is over seen a few ex police one's about and was wondering do these have the same spec as none police ones and also is there anything to look out for when viewing weather ex police or not also what sort of performance can i aspect from one coming from an impreza running 300bhp still want something with a bit of go in it but want some comfort an refinements now..

Cheers Lev
    You really need to drive the gsi it sounds like it fits with your ideas, for cruising they are nice mile munchers but when you get it on a track, the shortfalls become apparent, gearchange is very long as are the 5 ratios, the electronic throttle response is odd, the std suspension is adequate for road but definately 'floats' when pressing on!! the GSI lacks an ATB limited slip diff.
    The handling is better than people give it credit for, in fact on my last trackday a guy running an Impreza actually came over to check my gsi. I had onother visit from a TVR Cerberra driver, On the track I was surprised to be a bit quicker than a Clio 182. The Impreza that went past me were significantly quicker.
    The std spec brakes are 315mm I fitted yellow stuff pads all round which i think are very good with no sign of fade even with big stops from over 100mph.
    This time of year the heated seats are a treat!
    Petrolwise the computer tells me 24mpg over 3500miles including 2 trackdays.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Insignia Grand Sport

Trim : SRI VX-LINE NAV

Engine : 1.5T (165)

Year : 2018

Mileage : 37000

Quote Originally Posted by Vectra_C_Chris View Post
    I'm an Aussie and the GSi's are ridiculously under stated.

If you compare the 3.2 to the equivalent 3.8 commodore, the 3.2 is still more powerful. I guess for the English the 3,2 would be closest to the 2.0T SRi?

Call it wrong as I'm not sure what is GSi/GTS/CDXi, material.
    As an Opel, GTS in Europe includes both SRI and GSI.

2.0T was detuned from a potential standard 207bhp to 173bhp,otherwise it would have sat alongside the flagship GSI which was 208bhp.

CDX is an earlier high-level VX trim name for models majoring on comfort and style often with leather and with the 'toys' which I believe to be similar to or sitting just below what VX now call Elite and Opel in Europe call 'Cosmo'.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Early gsi's didn't have the big brakes. They also come with half leather, full leather with heated seats was an option.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by john_k_sri View Post
    As an Opel, GTS in Europe includes both SRI and GSI.

2.0T was detuned from a potential standard 207bhp to 173bhp,otherwise it would have sat alongside the flagship GSI which was 208bhp.

'Cosmo'.
    Is there a statement from Vauxhall saying they detuned the 2.0 T from 207 bhp to 173bhp ?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Insignia Grand Sport

Trim : SRI VX-LINE NAV

Engine : 1.5T (165)

Year : 2018

Mileage : 37000

Quote Originally Posted by MAF 3.2 V6 GSi View Post
    Is there a statement from Vauxhall saying they detuned the 2.0 T from 207 bhp to 173bhp ?
    Not as such. The 2.0T engine (Z20NET) was used by GM in three levels of tune

150bhp - only used by Saab and badged as '1.8t'
    173bhp - used by VX, Opel and Saab - as VX/Opel = '2.0T', as Saab '2.0t'
    207bhp - used by Saab and badged as '2.0T', or 'Aero' in the 9-3

Cadillac BLS (built by Saab in Sweden) also used a 2.0T which was either the 173bhp or 207bhp (can't remember which).

My use of the word 'detuned' is misleading. It is believed and has been stated on here numerous times that VX/Opel took a conscious decision not to release the 207bhp version for marketing reasons as it would have been too close in power terms to the 'GSI' (GTS in Europe) V6 3.2 'flagship' model.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

thanks for all the replys think i will definitely notice a difference to impreza but need something that will cruise on the motorway all day in comfort and have some go in it when i fancy a little spirtited drive got my eye on a nice black 53 plate with low miles an working all way through xmas to pay for it so just hope its still there at the begging of january...if not the hunt will go on.

Thread Information