I've had all the associated problems with a faulty EGR. The independent garage I take my car too got the EGR fault codes whilst the car was doing all the juddering bits. They ordered and fitted the blanking plate as no EGR replacement are are available for the petrol 2.2 Direct engine as per Vauxhall fix. They also "hung" the EGR valve on a bracket and left it attached to the management system and said I needed the ECU to be reprogammed by a Vauxhall dealer.

The local VX dealer was unaware of the fix for the EGR problem but he checked with VX and said it was indeed correct that a ECU reprog would be required. I had the reprogram completed but the juddering fault occurred whilst they drove the car out of the workshop.

I asked the VX mechanic if the reprogram software specifically prompts for the EGR to be ignore/bypass and he said no he loaded the latest software for my car (as per the VIN card) which would automatically ignore the EGR. The usual EML lights and juddering occurs intermittently as before so now I'm at a loss, is it a different cause than the EGR (I'm waiting for the fuel pump regulator recall to be carried out) which was diagnosed as being at fault or has the reprogramming not been carried out correctly. I have less confidence in the reprogramming as the VX dealer's service manager nor mechanics knew nothing of Vectra EGR problems until I prompted them to find out.

Does anyone know if the software should give the option to bypass the EGR as I can't believe the full software download will automatically bypass the EGR as I would have thought there are differenet options for different problems not a one download fixes all.

Any advice would be gratefully received as I don't want to spend unnecessary money on paying for having non-existent faults fixed whilst the original problem remains.

Thanks in advance