Thread: Recent Events

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Exclamation Recent Events

Due to recent goings on and a number of members accusing Admin of not looking after its members, I am clarifying a few things about how an RO is appointed.

Before I start, I would like to point out that I have been a regional organizer myself for 10 years before I helped set up vectra-c. I know what its like, I know how a region works and doesn’t work and I know how to get the most out of a region. Along with other admins ideas, im bringing that experience to this issue.

Unlike a number of other forums we don’t want a whole load of empty regional sections set up purely because a region exists. We want each regions ection to be active, somewhere for regional guys to post without it being ignored like some kind of empty cavern. So far I think weve achieved that as all the region sections seem busy.

If you feel there is enough members in yoru area for your own section then use the ‘request a region’ section to do just that and we’ll see what kind of interest there is.

The next step after you get a region section is to get your heads together and sort a meet out. You don’t NEED an RO to do this. Nearly always there is a couple of members who will stand forward and start the ball rolling. These members are in effect being RO and actually seeing what the role involves without the responsibility of the name tag.

Once a meet or two has been sorted and it looks like the region is a go’er and wanting to move forward we will open up the RO position. This is done by an obvious advert in the regional section. Ie applications invited – south East Regional organizer and full instructions of what to do are included in that post.

Once a few weeks have passed and hopefully a number of people have applied, we will look at each applicant on their own merits. This may be the enthusiasim they show to the club, the work they have done already in the region, their location in the region etc etc. We look at this not with our own agenda, but with the best interests of the region at heart. Up to now, all our current regions are thriving and the RO’s are doing a fantastic job so to us, that says our system is working. If its not then let us know. If we don’t get told anything we cant fix it. By that I don’t mean dramatic leaving posts about how we don’t look after our members.

With regard to recent events with the SW region, the whole saga kicked off with a mis reading by a few members of the new region name tags whereby the RO is named alongside their region. Regions which don’t have RO’s have ‘RO-Vacant’. This was interpereted by a few as applications welcome and members applied. When told that the vacancy wasn’t yet open things get heated. This was fuelled by a mystery long standing member who saw fit to spread rumours to a member or two that Admin don’t like one of the members who applied, would never have them as an RO etc etc - which are complete fabrication and nothing but malicious. Obviously this caused things to get even more heated. Other people started getting involved, which it was nothing to do with them, and before you know it we are where we are now. We are busy tracing this member who will be banned as that kind of thing is nothing short of evil.

Hopefully this opens up all our dirty laundry for all to see. Its not pleasant but we have been driven to it as yet again admin’s name is dragged through the mud while trying to sort things out. I'm well and truly sick of this cr*p.We shouldn’t really have be dealing with and its certainly not the reason I suggested a forum for Vectra/signum owners. I'm almost sure all the admin have only a small strand left of the enthusiasm we started with and we certainly don’t get time to actually enjoy our cars or the forum anymore.

Ex Vec-C Admin / Founder Duncan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

I can only add to Andy's post by saying that I spent most of Wednesday evening dealing with the cr*p that was going on, trying to find out WTF was going on and people ringing me etc. etc.

I also spent a huge part of Thursday still dealing with the cr*p (along with Andy) and to say we're sick of it would be an understatement. I had a number of phone conversions with people (over the period of Wednesday night and Thursday) and was dismayed to find when speaking to one member, on the Wednesday night, that they had been feed BS by another member(s) saying that we would never have them as an RO in a million years, that we had already ruled them out etc. etc. THIS IS COMPLETE AND UTTER TWADDLE AND MALICIOUS BEHAVIOUR BY THE PERSON(S) INVOLVED. This person had already realised that they had been feed BS by the time I spoke to them, so after clarifying the Admin (and my personal) stance and situation with them, we had a very amicable conversation. Contrary to a comment made by a member in a PM to Andy, this other person didn't hang the phone up on me!!! I had a perfectly amicable conversation (from the start) with this person on Wednesday night. When we spoke again on Thursday evening,and had another perfectly amicable conversation, I mentioned this to him and he just laughed as we knew it was complete and utter bollox!! Why people see fit to spread such malicious comments are beyond me!!!

This person, knowing that he has been feed BS, is dealing with it in their own way and, when we last spoke, he was going to 'have words' with said rumour and BS spreader.

At the end of the day, it's a car club and forum. Why certain people chose to behave like stupid children in a playground completely baffles me. If this is all you can contribute to the forum/club - then we don't want you here!! Simple as that. This is a great club, with a great bunch of people,with over a 1000 members - the vast, vast majority of whom are very supporting. So we must be doing something right!!! It's the odd few individuals who, for reasons only known to themselves, decide to try and stir, cause anymosity and play people off against each other.

We even had somebody trying to play members of Admin off against each other - but we saw through that straight away! They seem to forget that we do actually talk to each other!!

At the end of the day, we (Admin) are human - yes, honestly, we are! We may make mistakes, and there may be room for improvement in the way we do some things - that's natural. If people have any suggestions, or think we're not doing something right then contact us off the forum by PM/e-mail. We'll take any constructive comments on board and look at any suggestions. What we don't appreciate is hearing about something for the first time when it's dragged onto the forum and certain people start sticking their oar in to have a dig at admin - or as in this case do their stirring behind the scenes by fuelling other members with lies and BS.

If any member has any sort of 'issue' with an individual member of Admin, come and tell us! Approach us and say what the problem is - we're all perfectly approachable people. As we've found, it's often due to some sort of misunderstanding or a post being misread etc. A quick PM/e-mail etc. can quickly resolve any 'issue'. We don't go out with the intention of pi*sing off any members - some people seem to think we do!

So, to the vast majority of members who have made this club what it is today - A HUGE THANK YOU!!! Thank you to all the RO's, moderators, individual members who have helped. organised and contributed in any way to the club and to the regular member who may think they haven't done anything - you have. You've joined up to add to our membership and you've probably helped somebody on the forum by answering a question - it all helps and contributes.

To the very, very few individuals who have been doing the stirring behind the scenes, trying to play other members off against admin and other members and trying cause anymosity and grief for gawd knows what reasons.....WE DON'T WANT YOU HERE. GO AWAY AND PLAY YOUR CHILDISH GAMES ELSEWHERE!!!!!

As Andy said, when we get to the bottom of this current debacle we will be banning this person. As the technicalities are usually left to me, being Forum Manager, I will have great pleasure in pressing the button - although we may end up drawing straws for the privilage!

Once again, apologies that everyone has to read about all of this - but enough is enough. I have better things to do, as do Andy and Graeme, than having to deal with this sort of childish behaviour. We do have lives - and the time we spend on the forum we aim to be enjoyable, not a chore. And lately it has become a chore. I think I can speak for the three of us when I say that it hasn't been enjoyable being on the forum lately - the enjoyment has been somewhat dulled.

We run this forum in our own time (of which we spend a huge amount keeping things running smoothly), with money from our own pocket and kind contributions from members, so that the forum remains free to all members. We do our best as we want the forum to be successful - well, even more successful than it is already! Why some people want to try and throw a spanner in the works bamboozles me. At the end of they day those people are vastly outnumbered by the people who want to see the club grow and continue to be the great place it is.

D

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

id just like to say, ive been a member on this site for nearly a year now, its been a great help and its a great community, i enjoy reading the threads and contribute where i can. I havent been able to attend any meets yet but plan to soon so i can meet some of the great characters that are part of this community.

You all do a sterling job and i am grateful.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

I need to say this, I think the admin team deserve a lot of credit for what they do...this site and their cars are essentially their hobbies, not their full time jobs.....
    and to put in the amount of time and effort they do..is commendable...

I have found EVERYONE on this forum to be genuine and always willing to help a fellow member....and lets face it, without someone to run it..there wouldnt be a forum......

So admin team, dont get down because a minute % want to gossip and spread rumours...just keep thinking about the 99.9% of members who value what you have done and are continuing to do....

Bob..

P.S. I was going to pm you with my thoughts, but hopefully other members think the same as me, and may possibly post their support...B

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Just to reiterate what gizmo has mentioned I have been a member since last November and I contribute were I can, I try and pop on most days to see whats happening. To run a website of this size with all the extra-curricular bits and pieces that goes on whould certainly not be possible without the work that the admin,moderators and ROs do on a daily basis - so carry on the good work it does not go unnoticed!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

It's a shame a small number of people are spoiling it and I think admin, mods etc.... are all doing a grand job. Its still a fantastic site. Keep your chin up chaps and keep up the good work.

Ex Vec-C Admin & Founder Graeme's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Well i cat really add much to what andy and duncan have said and unfortunately they seem to cop the worst of it all as i cant get access at work so tend to catch the tail end of it all and play catch up.

What i will say is we are grateful, overwhelmed sometimes, that our wee idea over a year ago has become a success with over 1000 members and flourishing show attendances and meets. None of us had ever done any website running before and until trax last year we hadnt even met each other so there are still situations that crop up that are new to us and we think hang on whats best thing to do. As Duncan said we are human are all enthuesiasts like you guys and gals.

However i will also say that the amount of stick we get behind the scenes in e mails, pm's, msn, even an ex member has his msn message calling duncan all the names under the sun, makes us wonder sometimes why we bother. We stick by our rules to keep it as friendly a site as we can and sometimes that means people are not happy, like several ex members who broke the rules were banned yet have all tried several times under different names to re join. Or others that we ask nicely not to do something and get loads of e mails etc demanding a public apology.

We have all (admin) just about stepped down over the last 6 months at different times because we all thought hang on is this really worth the spare time we give up dealing with a lot of hassles.

I will reiterate now that 99.9% of you guys follow the rules and enjoy the site for what it is meant to be a place for all us veccy c and hey those signum things too to talk about our cars and everyone i have met at meets shows have been great. The way as a web community you guys help each other out is just brilliant and makes me and the other guys i think realise that despite the odd numty it is worthwhile.

Yes we do and will make mistakes from time to time, yeas we will sometimes say maybe we could do this or that better. But we WILL and DO always do what we think is best for the majority and for keeping the forum as we intended when we started a year ago.

To the majority of you i can only say again thanks for your support We do apreciate it .

On a Sabbatical
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

I agree that admin do a good job, but me leaving the site goes back further than just a few comments from members. I've sent a detailed e-mail to Andy about my concerns and he has replied. At the end of the day admin own the rights to the site, so it's what they say goes really.

I believe I know who the member is that has been talking. But admin have also listened to these jungle drums and took the comments as a direct dig at them. This I believe was not the case it was a personal opinion from a few members and was in no way derogitory.

My personal experience when suggesting something or getting involved (for example) with the re-design of the site is that they just seem to be going through the motions but nothing comes of it. It's apparently on the to-do-list.

I know admin have a reasonable amount of site 'stuff' to deal with and it's a thankless job, but I for one would like to thank them for all that they have done or will do.

Ex Vec-C Admin & Founder Graeme's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Yep thats correct it is something we are still looking at. Unfortunately we all have private lives, jobs as well and with various things , andy moving house for example , we are still finalising things. We are grateful for the ideas and feedback from members and are looking at that which is one reason why its been slow as its given us fresh ideas and stuff to think about. Redesigning the site has an implication on things like future merchandise, logos banners etc so given we havent really done a full redesign before we wnat to get it right.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Well can I just say I think admin do an amazing job, I can't even begin to think how much of your time must be spent just keeping things running along smoothly, let alone everything else you guys go out of your way to do. And the member base as a whole I've found to be suppotive and keen to help with anybody's queries. I've got a lot out of this site so I'd like to say thank you to those that put so much in for the benifit of the rest of us. Keep up the good work!

PS I guess its the same everywhere in every part of life, theres always somebody who wants to stir it and cause trouble for the other 99% of us.
    Last edited by david173; 21st July 2006 at 16:56.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information