Ok, so I didn't buy a V6 model for the economy (although I did by the diesel V6 over the petrol for that reason...) but I always like to see jsut what a car can do and how accurate all my guages etc are...

As a result, cruising at 70mph on the motorway for 90% of the tank with some urban bits thrown in jsut to reduce it a bit resulted in the following figures form my latest tank. The car has just been serviced with all filters and cambelt.

Light had just started flashing and the needle was approaching the bottom of the range:

Dash figures were:

I know from my spreadsheet () that that computer overeads the fuel consumed, as I only put in 12.5 gallons to brim the tank (55 litres) which throws the economy figure out by about 3mpg. So this tank actually averages 44mpg...

Even better was to come though, as I then pulled out back on to a dual carriageway and sat at 70 for the next 100 miles. Starting with a fully warmed up engine and crusing produced these results:

So that's 50mpg then. Better than my old 1.9 used to average, although I never drove that at 70 anywhere...

I will be the first to admit that these are ideal figures, and it only took a few miles of urban driving to drop that by a significant amount. The same happens when the DPF regenerates, which it does with annoying frequency, possibly because of my driving style. I usually only give it some beans coming off slip roads of going to overtake which I should probably do more often to keep the engine loosened up and clean...