Thread: 2.2 dti sxi

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Default 2.2 dti sxi

When towing my caravan the engine management light comes on and the car goes into 'get you home mode'. Soon as you turn off the engine and re-start the problem is gone. Only seems to happen in 4th and 5th gear and only when towing. Think it could be maf, any other ideas?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by dotty c View Post
    When towing my caravan the engine management light comes on and the car goes into 'get you home mode'. Soon as you turn off the engine and re-start the problem is gone. Only seems to happen in 4th and 5th gear and only when towing. Think it could be maf, any other ideas?
    The only way to be sure what the issue is is to get the fault code read. This will point you in the right direction. Otherwise, do a bit of searching on here and check the air hoses and vacuum pipes for any holes (and replace them if you find any) then clean the boost pressure sensor and the EGR.

After that, you move on to spending money to replace things so I'd definitely get the fault code read at this point if you don't do it earlier otherwise you could end up replacing things that are actually working fine.

Also, has you car had the free turbo re-calibration? If not, ask your dealer if this is applicable to your car and get it done if it is.

Thread Information