Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Default Vaux 3 year warranty

hi this is my first post and im looking for help please,
    i have a 56 reg vectra 19cdti and it has got a vibration through the clutch pedal when pressed so after reading about the dual mass flywheel symptoms on here i decided to take it to the dealers and they confirmed that the dmf needs replacing
    they have asked me to bring my service book in to have alook at it to see if they will do it under warranty,but when i bought the car 6 months ago it didnot come with the service book.
    does this mean my 3 yr warranty is no good without the service book or should it still be coverd ?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

I've never had to show my service book for warranty work. Mine has been back for the odd bit of warranty work, but at a different dealer to where it was bought, and there was never a problem. Maybe I was just lucky, or maybe your dealer are trying to wriggle out of it. The car must have done less than 60,000 miles, and not have been abused/neglected/modified etc.

Don't know if this helps much.... I'm sure someone better informed will be along with a more accurate answer soon.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by Swaite53 View Post
    I've never had to show my service book for warranty work. Mine has been back for the odd bit of warranty work, but at a different dealer to where it was bought, and there was never a problem. Maybe I was just lucky, or maybe your dealer are trying to wriggle out of it. The car must have done less than 60,000 miles, and not have been abused/neglected/modified etc.

Don't know if this helps much.... I'm sure someone better informed will be along with a more accurate answer soon.
    thanks for the quick reply the car has only done 30,000 miles and is in perfect condition and not modified in any way.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Anymore help from anyone on this situation PLEASE

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Phone Vauxhall Customer Services (Vauxhall the manufacturer, not the dealer) and ask what the criteria is regarding service history and warranty. I don't think there's a direct link - it's only after the warranty has expired and you start asking Vauxhall for a goodwill payment (not that they do them anymore, what with them being short of funds) that they ask who's been servicing the car in the past.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

The dealer will be able to pull the cars history from their computer network - presuming it was dealer serviced. So, as long as it was serviced at a dealer once in 2007 and once in 2008 you are covered. Beyond that, you need to provide proof it has been serviced to schedule with genuine parts.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

thank you for the replies i will definately try customer services and hopefully the service history will show on their computer network,
    does anyone no what the service intervals are on this engine 19cdti 150
    thanks again

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

20,000 miles or twelve months, whichever is sooner.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Question

how do you think you would stand if your service book was lost or stolen and your service history was not held on vauxhalls computer network because it had been serviced at an independent vat registerd garage,you might not be able to proove this but it could be a genuine case ,and you are still within your 3 yr warranty with only 30,000 miles on the clock.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

The fact is here, and it is 100% right, you have to have a full service history for your warranty to be valid.

Unfortunatly, Vauxhall's dealership network do not have their computer systems linked with Vauxhall, so Vauxhall themselves will not be able to tell you if your car has a full service history. Vauxhall should however have a history of any warranty work carried out on your car.

If you know the dealership that the car came from, if they have serviced it they will have a record. If not, write to the previous owner and ask them when and where they had it serviced.

This is from the Vectra service book :-

Proof of work carried out

Continuous proof of service inspections and work carried out in accordance with factory instructions is a must if any warranty or goodwill claims are to be met, and this is also a benefit when you come to sell the vehicle.

Warranty Claims

This service booklet should be considered a component of the vehicle. Thus it should remain with the vehicle even at the time of re-sale so that any necessary warranty claims can be made.

I know this is probably not what you want to hear, but your dealer has the right not to do any warranty work if the service history can't be proven.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information