Thread: Anyone else use TVersity?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Default Anyone else use TVersity?

Just wondered if anyone else uses it to stream stuff from PC to Xbox/Wii. I've had to install it today because for some reason streaming via media centre has stopped working. I must have spent a good couple of hours trying to get it working. But it pi$$ed me off in the end so tried the TVersity software and it works a treat. Although I do prefer to use media centre.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    574 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Vectra

Trim : SRi

Engine : 150

Year : 05

Mileage : 74000

I dont use that. I use something called TVix, lovely little thing can stream anything and quite a good user interface too.. My PC cant handle blu-ray stuff but this streamer can run it fine

You can have an internal HD on it, networked with up to 4 folder/PCs on it and also 2 USB slots for external drives.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Yeah i use TVersity, i put hd-dvd/bluray content into wmv containers (no video re-encode required) and stream to the 360. works very well. ony gripe is it's slow to refresh the library, and if it does it while streaming something can cause slowdown (it runs on my 5TB media server, which is an old 800mhz mini-itx board, so not too fast) so i tend to leave the server off ( i also use a network playback box for SD content) but log into the server with palmVNC from my remote control and start it up if required.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by neilshaw1980 View Post
    Just wondered if anyone else uses it to stream stuff from PC to Xbox/Wii. I've had to install it today because for some reason streaming via media centre has stopped working.

same here, why it stopped working not sure yet, anyway TVersity works ok but it has a v poor interface imo..

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by moorlander View Post
    same here, why it stopped working not sure yet, anyway TVersity works ok but it has a v poor interface imo..
    thats exactly what I thought. The Media Centre interface is much better. I've been trying again today to get it to work but to no avail. It worked fine when I was on virgin broadband, but i've recently swapped over to sky broadband, I'm thinking its the router but I've fiddled about with the router settings and its still not working. Looks like in stuck with this TVersity media server.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

The router shouldn't make any difference to WMP media sharing. It stopped working on my Laptop when I installed and uninstalled TVersity. I have to mess about with the Services and make sure that Media Sharing was set to start automatically on startup.

I also have another issue with my Firewall (AVG8) as it won't let my PS3 or XBOX connect to WMP for sharing, but will work fine with TVersity....so that may be another thing to look at ( I just disable the firewall when I want to stream media)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

I use ORB, does what i need it to do

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Disabling the firewall and making sure media sharing was enabled in the services menu was the first thing I tried. On my network screen it used to show Xbox 360 but not anymore, It still shows the 2 laptops we have when their connected to the network but not the Xbox.
    Without TVersity installed when I did the PC connection test on the Xbox it was'nt detecting the pc, but it did detect the laptop. As soon as I installed TVersity it detected the PC straight away. Its really annoying me know.

Thread Information