Thread: Finally Got My VXR ! New Owner questions

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Default Finally Got My VXR ! New Owner questions

No pictures as of yet, as the car has been driven 300 miles on holiday for the bank holiday weekend and looks a bit grubby.

But ive got some questions if anybody can help ?

1) the VXR alarm. Im unsure if this is actually working or not. Ive given it a really good push, tryed door handles, generally provoked it etc.. but not heard a thing. Furthermore, theres a switch on the dash about disabling the sensors. Its there, but doesnt seem to do anything ?

2) the tool kit, or rather lack of. Ive lifted up my boot carpet, and theres a massive foam cut out in there with lots of holes. However only an air compressor is in there. Have all the tools been robbed by the previous owners ? should i have a jack, wheelbrace etc.. ?

3)the car has the CDC 40 system. Ive turned radio text on in the DAB menu, but it doesnt actually show anything on the main display, and if i press info, it shows a couple of characters like "now playing : my chemi" or whatever and misses the rest out. And it doesnt cycle through to show you the rest of the message. Really annoying if you want to know what songs playing. Any suggestions ?

4) when i open the boot, ive got a spare compartment on the right hand side. If i go in there, theres a wire with a multipin connector hanging about loose. I cant see anywhere it should plug into, so i dont think anythings broke. But it has got a connector on. Any suggestions ?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by MrLOL View Post
    2) the tool kit, or rather lack of. Ive lifted up my boot carpet, and theres a massive foam cut out in there with lots of holes. However only an air compressor is in there. Have all the tools been robbed by the previous owners ? should i have a jack, wheelbrace etc.. ?
    Thats all i got in my astra VXR a compressor and a expanding tire foam thing.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

?

4) when i open the boot, ive got a spare compartment on the right hand side. If i go in there, theres a wire with a multipin connector hanging about loose. I cant see anywhere it should plug into, so i dont think anythings broke. But it has got a connector on. Any suggestions ?
    Has the car got parking sensors??

I'm 99% certain it will be the plug for the tyre pressure monitoring receiver but the system was never offered in the uk so nothing to worry about.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

1) the VXR alarm. Im unsure if this is actually working or not. Ive given it a really good push, tryed door handles, generally provoked it etc.. but not heard a thing. Furthermore, theres a switch on the dash about disabling the sensors. Its there, but doesnt seem to do anything ?
    Try getting someone else to lock the doors (two presses on the key thingy) when you are sitting inside it. Then sing "O Solo Mio". Or leave the bonnet partially unlatched, lock the doors, then lift the bonnet.

Then repeat the excercise, this time pushing the switch on the dash before locking the doors.

I hope you get on well with the neighbours

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Hi MrLOL

I found out my alarm was working, when I was jacking the car up to take a wheel off. The car was locked, jacking merrily and after around 3inches off the ground I was wondering what the high pitched shrill was, then I realized it was my alarm, I had never heard it before.

Sure your enjoying yer VXR

C@rlos

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

great news on the car, i know you have been looking for a while. I am surprised you do not have a brace/jack in the boot..presume thats standard now as they give you the tire foam ?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Vectra

Trim : VXR

Engine : 2.8 v6 turbo

Year : 06

lock the car with the fob and open it with the key normally sets my alarm off, and the button inside works because the alarm goes off if you leave the windows open if you dont push it

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by VXR_DV View Post
    Try getting someone else to lock the doors (two presses on the key thingy) when you are sitting inside it. Then sing "O Solo Mio".

Hope you enjoy the car.

Martin

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by VXR_DV View Post
    Try getting someone else to lock the doors (two presses on the key thingy) when you are sitting inside it. Then sing "O Solo Mio". Or leave the bonnet partially unlatched, lock the doors, then lift the bonnet.

Then repeat the excercise, this time pushing the switch on the dash before locking the doors.

I hope you get on well with the neighbours
    Thanks for the advice

So its not the sort of alarm that is supposed to go off with a bit of rocking or trying the door handle then ? I suppose its probably for the best, dont want it going off every time my neighbour goes by with his Big Bore Exhaust'd Galant VR4

Quote Originally Posted by pricey View Post
    Has the car got parking sensors??

I'm 99% certain it will be the plug for the tyre pressure monitoring receiver but the system was never offered in the uk so nothing to worry about.
    Its not got parking sensors.

The dealer didnt know what it was either. But tyre pressure monitoring sounds about right to me. Thanks for the advice

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by EARLEY View Post
    Thats all i got in my astra VXR a compressor and a expanding tire foam thing.

bah

Stingy gits.

Thread Information