0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Trim : SXi

Engine : 2.2

Default Just got pulled by Mr Plod

Just got pulled for not displaying a valid tax disc

I was working offshore and it expired end of Oct so I go online declare it as SORN.

Come back a week ago go online and tax it through the DVLA website. Great your vechicle is now taxed and it will be with you in 5 working days (Today is 5th day)

So he pulls me over tells me the number plate is dirty and only just readable which I'm now in the process of writing to Vx to ask them if they can include a reg plate washer as mine does not have this facility and after driving 100miles today I did not think about cleaning it every 20 miles so it was legible. So I agreed and said I was going to do it when I got home which he said does not help now does it?.....see where this is going?

So then he looks at the tax disc and why am I not displaying a valid one so I explained the above situation. I am taxed just DVLA has not got the disc to me yet which he states I should not be driving. I then say if that is the case why did DVLA let me tax it knowing it was declared as SORN and I taxed it from the beginning of Dec which I have paid for even though I was not even in the UK

He says he does not care if it is taxed as far as he is concerned it is not. I asked him to to a check on the car and he said he had and that it was insured taxed and mot,d so I said if it is taxed and you know it is why give me such a hard deal over the tax disc? I can not physically display what I don,t have

Cut a long story short I got a ticket which will apparantly result in a court summons for having no tax disc displayed, which I replied was he now out to get a granny that was pushing her trolley too fast at Tesco,s to which he replied if I continued with that attitude I would be done for disturbing the peace?

By this point I was ready to whack him over the head and shove him in the boot but thought better of it I just told him I was displeased with his attitude and that his headlights were dirty and needed to be cleaned which he agreed with lol

Then they wonder why they get a bad name

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Complete bellend

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Vectra C Hatch

Trim : Exclusive Plus Pack

Engine : 1.9 CDTi Z19DTH

Year : 57

Mileage : 100k+

According to this, the 5 days only applies to the 5 days after the old disc expires.

I have not received the tax disc. Can I use the vehicle without the tax disc displayed?

When you apply for a tax disc online or by using our phone service you are able to legally continue to drive your vehicle for up to 5 days after the tax disc has expired while you wait for the new tax disc to arrive. This will only apply when you have applied for a new tax disc before the current one expires. You should continue to display the expired disc on your vehicle, until the new one arrives.
    is from this page: http://www.taxdisc.direct.gov.uk/Evl...ons#QUESTION_9

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Once you have paid and you have tax it online it should not matter you have paid the cash.

This system really does my head in!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

the disc you put in the window is not a legal document as some are hand written (in post offices) and need to be witnessed so the "fed" to talking rubbish

always carry gaffer tape and a blanket just in-case

ring police and make a complaint they have to follow rules as well I once got an apology from commissioner over some harassment I received

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Honda Civic

Trim : ES with Honda Image and City Packs

Engine : 1.8 iVtec

Year : 2009

Mileage : 85000

Quote Originally Posted by the_wave_rider View Post
    Then they wonder why they get a bad name
    A bad name for doing their job? Do you get a bad name for doing your job properly???

Quote Originally Posted by Sean-2.2Direct View Post
    Complete bellend
    Why is he a bellend? For doing his job? Or is it the usual they should only be out catching murderers and child rapists?????

It is an Offence not to Display a Valid Tax disc. Just the same as its an offence to drink drive, drive through a red traffic light, drive using a mobile phone etc etc etc....... Would you expect him to have let you off for Drink Driving? Why tax it online when you tax is actual out of date btw? Is there not a Post Office where you could have got your tax disc there and then in the town you live in?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by DasArab View Post
    A bad name for doing their job? Do you get a bad name for doing your job properly???

Why is he a bellend? For doing his job? Or is it the usual they should only be out catching murderers and child rapists?????

It is an Offence not to Display a Valid Tax disc. Just the same as its an offence to drink drive, drive through a red traffic light, drive using a mobile phone etc etc etc....... Would you expect him to have let you off for Drink Driving? Why tax it online when you tax is actual out of date btw? Is there not a Post Office where you could have got your tax disc there and then in the town you live in?
    Because he is hes being a complete arse.

Hes paid his tax so it should be on the system and that should be the end of it. So what he pays for his tax disc then has to wait 5 days before using his car??? I dont think so its all on a Database now so as long as it is taxed it should not matter.

Thats just my opinion

Oh and btw there the ones always going on about tax your car online its easier

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Ture, system needs an overhaul. Now they have it all online there really is no need to display a tax disc. Think of the saving this would make for DVLA!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Why tax it online when you tax is actual out of date btw? Is there not a Post Office where you could have got your tax disc there and then in the town you live in?[/QUOTE]

if its not valid why let you do it????????????????? change the system

you seen a post office this time of year they are not busy are they lol

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

plus all the post offices are closing and not all of them do car tax

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information