Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Default Windows tints, but without using tinting foil

Hi guys

I was wondering if anyone of you know where I can do anything like this ;] how it is working:

First you have to remove your car windows (or they will do it) then they are put into a special furnace (oven) where they are subjected to a special process based on ultra low pressure fusion of glass and gases of rare metals (like Titanium, Indium)
    Advantages:

Photohrome effect - window becomes darker during daytime and lighter when sun light gets dimmer.
    Solar effect - decrease in car's insight heat absorbency by up to 65%.
    Protection against harmful UVA & UVB rays.
    Several times longer life span in comparison to window with film applied.
    Increased durability for scratches and nick damages, but the best thing about this is,
    decreasing visibility from outside of a car but there is absolutely NO visibility loose from inside of a car! look

or where except from (http://www.karmannkonnection.com/ 800£ per set) can I chrome alloy wheels ?
    Last edited by Barbara; 9th December 2006 at 01:15.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

If you can come down to the essex area there is a tint guy called terry. (If you want his number PM me.) He charges £25.00 a window. He does everything.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by Orka The Porka View Post
    He does everything
    Alright, but is he doing tints using this technique?

spoons

OK, I dont know anything about this at all... but, here are some logical questions.

If they are processing the existing glass, how scratch resistant is the processed coating..... If its like Oakleys (sunglasses) then I would imagine that its not very scratch resistant at all. This could be a problem.

Also, how long does this process take once the windows have been removed. This could be an inconvenience, if your side window is smashed and you need a replacement.

How does the tint (at its maximum photochrome tint) effect the police check system for the laws on window tinting ?

How fast reacting is the photochromatic process. i.e. from light to dark environments (car parks, tunnels etc) will you be in a situation where you cannot see through the side windows, as an example.

Covering the glass with a coat of Titanium etc, would this effect the signal for portable satellite navigation systems?

EDIT: Looks good though
    Last edited by spoons; 9th December 2006 at 10:52.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

some good points there spoons.

also at the bottom of the original post - am i correct in saying it costs £800 to have them tinted using this process??

On a Sabbatical
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

this is used on glass doors in banks a lots

i bet its not cheap to do a car

i asked about this when id seen it on glass doors and got told the push and pull on the glass door was around "£200"but was a few years ago

what i seen was a littel diffrent ,,,,what was on one side couldnt be seen from the other side

id love to know a price to tint a car

iv seen a site thats in poland that dose this

http://www.technicolor.pl/english/szyby.html

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by spoons View Post
    O
    1.If they are processing the existing glass, how scratch resistant is the processed coating..... If its like Oakleys (sunglasses) then I would imagine that its not very scratch resistant at all. This could be a problem.

2.Also, how long does this process take once the windows have been removed. This could be an inconvenience, if your side window is smashed and you need a replacement.

3.How does the tint (at its maximum photochrome tint) effect the police check system for the laws on window tinting ?

4.How fast reacting is the photochromatic process. i.e. from light to dark environments (car parks, tunnels etc) will you be in a situation where you cannot see through the side windows, as an example.

5.Covering the glass with a coat of Titanium etc, would this effect the signal for portable satellite navigation systems?
    1. It's very hard to scratch it, trust me ;]

2. 4-6 hrs with removed windows, 8-12 with removing.

3. Haven't got a clue ;] I know police should be able to see the driver inside the car, but if in maximum photochrome tint from outside, you have no visibility loose from inside it's better than tinting film anyway.

4. I dont know aswell, but who cares about how fast it is reacting, as long as you are inside, your windows ar not affected.

5. Front windscreen is not covered, I think it is against law in all EU countries, but you can have a problems with your side windows ;]

Price I think 300 to 400 depends on the car should be fair enough.

Quote Originally Posted by nickc View Post
    some good points there spoons.

also at the bottom of the original post - am i correct in saying it costs £800 to have them tinted using this process??
    no I was asking about alloy wheels chroming, the only place to get them done is probably http://www.karmannkonnection.com/ and they are doing it for 800£ per set, I should be able to do it for 80-120 per wheel depends on wheel size, thats why I was asking ;]

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

sorry my mistake,

300-400 doesnt sound too bad then, i think national firms like tintmaster charge £250ish for the whole car.

Thread Information