Thread: Please don't rain!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Default Please don't rain!!

Over the past week, my window washers and wipers have started loosing power. Yesterday, whilst driving to work in the rain the wipers stopped entirely, jamming in the upright position. They now won't work - at all

The beast is now going to the stealers tomorrow. Whilst its in there im gonna get them to look at a squeeling from the front off side (like a bearing/belt slipping) and a juddering startup when warm (almost like a misfire).

My (probably daft) question is this. The car goes in to the stealers tomorrow (07 plate SRi). Will washer/wiper be warranty work or is this going to cost me?
    I hope it doesn't rain on the way in or im gonna have to hang me head out the window!

Detritus?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by detritus View Post
    Over the past week, my window washers and wipers have started loosing power. Yesterday, whilst driving to work in the rain the wipers stopped entirely, jamming in the upright position. They now won't work - at all

The beast is now going to the stealers tomorrow. Whilst its in there im gonna get them to look at a squeeling from the front off side (like a bearing/belt slipping) and a juddering startup when warm (almost like a misfire).

My (probably daft) question is this. The car goes in to the stealers tomorrow (07 plate SRi). Will washer/wiper be warranty work or is this going to cost me?
    I hope it doesn't rain on the way in or im gonna have to hang me head out the window!

Detritus?
    providing its a genuine manufacturing defect - then yes - suspect either the wiper motor or the control rod has packed up - quite common

dont drive anywhere in the mean time with defective wipers as this would be a "driving a vehicle in a dangerous condition" if stopped by the police and would invalidate your warranty - as such the dealer should submit a critical report incident form as anything that prevents the vehicle from being driven under normal circumstances/would fail an mot should be reported to the manufacturer

hth

Regards
    Dez

0-Large smile ......every time it's driven

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

With that being the case, should I really be driving it to the stealer tomorrow morning?

Detritus

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by detritus View Post
    With that being the case, should I really be driving it to the stealer tomorrow morning?

Detritus
    thats the one million dollar question - if your stopped - your liable - do you have recovery

0-Large smile ......every time it's driven

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by deztroyer View Post
    dont drive anywhere in the mean time with defective wipers as this would be a "driving a vehicle in a dangerous condition" if stopped by the police and would invalidate your warranty
    Eh?

Why would driving with a defective wiper invalidate your warranty?

Unless you actually mean INSURANCE, even then that isn't the case otherwise anyone who gets stopped for a bald tyre, dark tints, etc, etc would get an automatic no insurance prosecution too. What MAY happen is if you have an accident and the insurance company decide that the defect on your car caused the crash then they have the right to not pay out on your damage, but you still have insurance and everyone else gets paid.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Sounds like your wiper motor to me, your car should have the modified linkage on already cos its an 07, the motor should be under warranty, common problem we've changed loads!

Thread Information