Ex Vec-C Admin & Founder Graeme's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Angry SKY Broadband

Well what can i say except this product SUCKS and so does the company. I have pretty much moved in with my girlfriend who took out sky broadband when she got her new laptop in january and it is just naff. Max speed we get from it is 54 kpps and normaly its between 12 and 24 kpps.

We have spent 5 hours on the phone to sky in last 2 weeks alone and they just do not know what customer service is. When put through to a manager (after an hour of bollox to get to one) karen was told ' we will send you an engineer out and refund you 6 months payment'. She takes day off work to find that no engineer turns up and oh they have no record of her previous call. And aparently they dont have engineers for broadband but if they did it would cost us £65 to get one out.

Then we call again this time to speak to a manager and conplain and cancel every sky product we get 20 mins telling someone the whole story, he goes for a manager keeps us on hold for 10 mins then comes back on himself to say ' i've spoken to a supervisor and how can i help!' They just dont listen.
    Then when we did get a supervisor they couldnt help so said i'll have to put you through to cancelation dept, you get put through to find you CANT cancel over the phone. oh and because you have sky broadband they wont let you cancel the tv or talk either. To cancel though you need to write in and call the broadband team to get a MAC code. so we sall back for that to be told that its the cancelation tea that issue them and they will post one out!

I have worked in Customer Service for 13 years now and if we treated customers like that we'd have been out of business years ago. Complete joke.

Sorry folks Rant over. This has caused me not to get online a lot or when i do not to post as the time it takes to make a post i have usually been timed out and have to re type.

I WOULD DEFINATELY NOT Reccomend that company to anyone.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

you should try ntl dial-up. thats what i am on at the moment. now that is sloooooooooooow.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Unhappy I have had the same thing.......

You can shout all you want you only get any joy from their technical dept ( been there done that) oh and you cant dial them direct tho....

I spent £40..00 on phone calls to them over the same issue, 6 hours of calls later they are still telling me I don't have their broadband but I'm posting to you from it so shows what they know ( idiots)

anyway chin up if its anything like mine they are not even billing me yet!!!
    DOH!!

Steph

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by John35 View Post
    you should try ntl dial-up. thats what i am on at the moment. now that is sloooooooooooow.
    I kid you not mate its SLOWER than dial up

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

I think the UK is slacking anyway, out of date infrastructure or summat I heard on the radio the other day...................

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

I have yet to meet anyone that is truly happy with their broadband.
    It seems that each company wants to be seen to offer a better deal with faster speeds, etc, etc, without actually getting any of it to work properly!

That is pretty bad service from Sky, when you send your letter of cancellation, include an invoice for the phone calls you have had to make and suggest they refund all of your broadband charges.
    At the end of the day if it doesn't work they are failing to provide the service you are paying for!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by BigP View Post
    It seems that each company wants to be seen to offer a better deal with faster speeds, etc, etc, without actually getting any of it to work properly!

That is pretty bad service from Sky, when you send your letter of cancellation, include an invoice for the phone calls you have had to make and suggest they refund all of your broadband charges.
    At the end of the day if it doesn't work they are failing to provide the service you are paying for!

yep we have mate

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Hope you get it sorted , i had the same problem with bt broadband cost £50 in phone calls customer service was s*it . I have sky broadband now and ain t had a problem (touch wood) and its free

Ex Vec-C Admin / Founder Duncan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

- here's one!
    Yep, seems to be the story with a lot of ISPs. I'm with Zen Internet and they are simply superb. They 'lagged behind' a bit in terms of offering the faster connections - simple reason for this was that they were getting their infrastructure in place so that they could provide the speeds they were advertising. Other companies at the time were offering up to 8MBs but only able to provide 512Kbs to some customers due to their infrastructure not being in place. Once they (Zen) offered the faster speeds it was there from the word go, not months later.

If I've ever had to ring the Tech Support dept. (twice) they actually have people that know what they are talking about, not somebody just reading off a bunch of things on a screen - they actually are proper technicians. Reasons I've hadf to ring were the initial router set-up when I first got BB and when I had the speed upgrade I wasn't sure if I was getting the best speed I could, so they went through a whole bunch of tests/routines to test my connection/exchange speed etc. to verify everything - just brilliant!

Can't recommend them highly enough - and it's no surprise that they consistently come out in the top 5 of many an ISP survey. Little bit more expensive than other ISPs, but the product is superb - speeds actually provided that they offer, superb tech support and absolutely rock solid connection (never had it dropped once).

Graeme m8 - given our conversations, the sooner you're shot of Sky BB the better, they've been absolutely shocking!!!

D

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Vectra

Trim : GSI

Engine : 3.2 V6

Year : 2003

I too am happy with my Broadband, Virgin Media (Old Telewest/NTL) Got 4MB speed. They have just unleashed 20MB now that's tempting! Only had 1 problem where my modem kept on losing connection, 1 phone call later an engineer arrived with a new modem and i'm back in business.

Speed never seems to fluctuate either, unlike my father in law, he also has Sky broadband and that is slooooooow.

I would recommend Virgin Media if its in your area.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information