Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Vectra

Trim : SRi

Engine : Z20NET

Year : 04

Default Now rolling with quads

Picked these up a while ago, they were really dull and covered in tar spots when I got them, bit of cleaning up and a session with the polishing mops and they came up like new, then spent the next 4-5 months rattling round in the back of my van
    They're made by Savage the backbboxes came with a straight Y piece which is designed to push into the end of the centre section on a "single exit" car.
    Been getting quite a few jobs ticked off the list recently so decided I'd start looking into getting these fitted.

I made contact with DTI Steve, a fellow DIY'er and all round sound lad! I I'd previously sold Steve a stainless cat back system for his Signum that I'd originally bought for my Vectra but then realised it wouldn't fit

I remembered seeing his thread when he fitted them and remember thinking what a good job he'd done as there was a bit of fettling to do to get it working with his stock downpipe.
    Thinking back to that I decided to make contact, Steve invited me up to his place as he had (amongst other things) a driveway and garage to work from and a full set of tools,
    Well yesterday I had a day off work to text Steve to arrange to take the car up, got the car jacked up and centre section and backboxes removed fairly quickly (discovered one of the hanger had snapped on the old back box which had consequently taken the rubber bush with it, quick trip to halfirds later and that was sorted
    we then hung the backboxes (How do you like this look? )

and trial fitted the centre pipe to make measurments for cutting, off the car and Steve fired up the angle grinder, he then proceeded to cut off the standard Y section, he then slotted the opening for the stainless Y piece to be fitted in and clamped down.

Slotted the new Y piece in, with a generous helping of exhaust paste then clamped down, refitted back to car and lined up perfectly first time, just need a new hanger welded to the centre section (had also rotted away)

End result, I now have a very tidy looking set of quads, they'll come off eventually when I start my turbo upgrade work but for now they make a nice sound and tidy the back end of the car up a treat!

Only little job I have left to do is file down a couple of notches in the VXR splitter as the exhausts are sitting up against them atm

Just wanted to say a massive thanks to Steve for giving up his spare time to help me with this, he did the work and made a very tidy job of it, I owe you a pint at the very least mate!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Trim : SRI

Engine : 2.2

Year : 2002

looks mint m8

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Vectra SRi 150 Hatch

Engine : Z19DTH

Year : 2008

Mileage : 69'000

Looks spot on! I need quads in my life

Cramlington Northumberland, V6 Jaguar S-type Sport
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Jaguar S-Type V6

Trim : Sport

Engine : Petrol

Year : 2003

No probs Kev I just might take you up on that offer for a pint one day lol . They went on rather well with a little tinkering. I must say they look fantastic on and transform the rear of your car. You've taken some good pics there showing them off brilliantly & I'm pleased your happy with them .

PS. Nice motor you have there. (Cracking job on your leather interior) I enjoyed our little spin out to compare how the two different lumps put down the power. Yours obviously has more grunt but I was quite pleased with the way the old 2.2 DTI stacked up
    Pleased I could help out, anytime mate .

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

it doesnt float my boat like... but if we all liked the same thing wouldnt the world be a dull place

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

I like the first pic!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Spotted you parked up in asda cramlington car park the other day, cars looking really good, makes me think twice about not choosing quads for my exhaust!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

awesome - you dont have any beforehand pics do you? I would love something like this for mine (or similar) just wondering what you bought and what needed cutting, and steve do you do this as a service ; )

at first I thought they were fitted as in the first pic - which I thought was different but cool at the same time!!

Phil

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Engine : Z20NET

Year : 04

Quote Originally Posted by tolly View Post
    looks mint m8
    Quote Originally Posted by Neve'o View Post
    Looks spot on! I need quads in my life
    Quote Originally Posted by UncleMelon View Post
    I like the first pic!
    Thanks lads, really pleased with them! Just need a bit spare time to adjust the insert

Quote Originally Posted by neil3734 View Post
    it doesnt float my boat like... but if we all liked the same thing wouldnt the world be a dull place
    It certainly would mate, everyone's different, always wanted quads but imo the vec/sig are some of the only cars big enough to Pull the look off

Quote Originally Posted by Ritchie91 View Post
    Spotted you parked up in asda cramlington car park the other day, cars looking really good, makes me think twice about not choosing quads for my exhaust!
    Funnily enough Rich I'd just left Steves when I parked there, just nipped into the shopping centre to get some cash

Quote Originally Posted by DTI-Steve View Post
    No probs Kev I just might take you up on that offer for a pint one day lol . They went on rather well with a little tinkering. I must say they look fantastic on and transform the rear of your car. You've taken some good pics there showing them off brilliantly & I'm pleased your happy with them .

PS. Nice motor you have there. (Cracking job on your leather interior) I enjoyed our little spin out to compare how the two different lumps put down the power. Yours obviously has more grunt but I was quite pleased with the way the old 2.2 DTI stacked up
    Pleased I could help out, anytime mate .
    Thanks again Steve! Was interesting watching you work! Will drop thos aersols off for you soon

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Insignia

Trim : Elite

Engine : 1.6T SIDI Petrol

Year : 2014

I like quads and as you say the vec and signum can carry the off very well.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information