Thread: What next?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Default What next?

My trusty Autoglym shampoo and super resin polish is running out and I need some advice on what to get next.

I have an ultra blue Vectra and have been happy with the results so far (especially of the polish - my car has lots of swirls and I have no means to do a correction!) but am open to trying something else if it is better.

What do you chaps suggest?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by bigknill View Post
    My trusty Autoglym shampoo and super resin polish is running out and I need some advice on what to get next.

I have an ultra blue Vectra and have been happy with the results so far (especially of the polish - my car has lots of swirls and I have no means to do a correction!) but am open to trying something else if it is better.

What do you chaps suggest?
    If you are not going down the machine polishing route I'd stick with SRP. It's a very good polish which also has cleaners and and some fillers.

To protect the work I'd go for Colly 915. For durability at a realistic price it's hard to beat.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by Stevel View Post
    To protect the work I'd go for Colly 915. For durability at a realistic price it's hard to beat.
    Cheers Steve. I've been using EGP on top of the SRP, will the Collinite bond OK with it? And I've read about people using a glaze when detailing their car. When would you use it? Before waxing, after waxing? And what is it's role?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

i use sonax shampoo and polish but i also use the turtle wax liquid polish its good for a quick shine but the sonax stuff is really good i prefer it to the auto glym as i have used both on a black astra sri but its really is each to there own ya know

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by bigknill View Post
    Cheers Steve. I've been using EGP on top of the SRP, will the Collinite bond OK with it? And I've read about people using a glaze when detailing their car. When would you use it? Before waxing, after waxing? And what is it's role?
    EGP is a Sealent. Sealants and Wax will work well together so it would be
    Polish>Seal>Wax

Glazes and Sealents do not work well together so it would be
    Polish>Glaze>Wax

A glaze is purely for bling. It's an oily product that will help with deep reflections. It has no protective qualities and needs a wax to keep it on the car.

A Sealent is used to protect the car but I've seen people say that they think it improves the finish too.

If you do go for a Glaze I can recommend Poorboys Black Hole for a dark car. I used it for the first time yesterday and it is very easy to work with unlike Megs#7 which can be a bit fussy although I've always found it OK.

So the options are (in this example):

SRP, EGP, Colly 915

or

SRP, Poorboys Black Hole, Colly 915.

I'd go for the latter but I am a fan of glazes.

As said there's no right or wrong for everyone. It's whatever works for you but that's a decent foundation based on SRP which (it turns out) is a fine product which AG perhaps should be shouting a bit more about.
    Last edited by Stevel; 25th January 2009 at 16:29.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

I've found that AG 'ultra deep shine' is excellent for dark coloured cars (its a polish not a wax) its reccomended for dark coloured paints on the back, although it's more expensive than SRP, I've found its a bit better at hiding imperfections on my black car.

Cant go wrong with SRP though - especially with that half price offer they've got on in tesco at the moment (shampoo srp and glass polish £12.99) 325ml bottles

Thread Information