Thread: 1.9 cdti service intervals

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Default 1.9 cdti service intervals

I apologise in advance for sounding a tad thick about this subject and bear with me chaps coz it's a bit long winded!! Just had 1st sercice done on vectra 1.9 cdti (13000 miles) at local garage who used VX parts. I have always had cars serviced once a year and according to the service book the intervals are 1 year or 20,000 miles whichever is sooner. I gather now (and have looked at VX website) that the interval has changed from 20k to 10k and my annual mileage is about 16k. Does this mean I will have to get next service done at 23k or will I just stick to the service book for my car which means I will wait exactly one year for next service?? Really want to keep within criteria for keeping warranty valid. Also when my car reached 12k the INSP light came on and I reset it myself but why did this come on when the 1st service isn't due until 20k?? Also what the hell is flexi service on VX website?? I love my car but have never been so confused about servicing

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

yep ! sure does ! its a bit of a turn around from VX ! but i have never left mine as long as that on any car i've had , its 10k intervals all the way !

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Insignia Grand Sport

Trim : SRI VX-LINE NAV

Engine : 1.5T (165)

Year : 2018

Mileage : 37000

Quote Originally Posted by marky2027 View Post
    I apologise in advance for sounding a tad thick about this subject and bear with me chaps coz it's a bit long winded!! Just had 1st sercice done on vectra 1.9 cdti (13000 miles) at local garage who used VX parts. I have always had cars serviced once a year and according to the service book the intervals are 1 year or 20,000 miles whichever is sooner. I gather now (and have looked at VX website) that the interval has changed from 20k to 10k and my annual mileage is about 16k. Does this mean I will have to get next service done at 23k or will I just stick to the service book for my car which means I will wait exactly one year for next service?? Really want to keep within criteria for keeping warranty valid. Also when my car reached 12k the INSP light came on and I reset it myself but why did this come on when the 1st service isn't due until 20k?? Also what the hell is flexi service on VX website?? I love my car but have never been so confused about servicing
    Your official service interval is 20,000 miles, or whatever comes first. So if your first service was at 13,000 your next would be at either 33,000 or in 12 months, whichever comes first.

However, there is something of a consensus on here that it is not recommended to go as long as 20,000 miles without changing your oil, and the 20,000 mile figure was designed for those, such as company cars, which do predominantly motorway miles.

It is not at all unusual for the INSP light to come on earlier. That uses the time since last last service, or in the case of a new car, since initial setup, as well as mileage covered as a parameter. Happened with my previous Vectra, which I got new and had been setup initially some months before I got the car.

Eco-service flex had a 2-year service interval, but that was dropped when the facelift was introduced.

I'm sure someone else will give you a more informed opinion than mine. HTH

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Golf 7

Trim : GTD

Engine : 2.0 TDI 184PS

Year : 2014

Mileage : 40000

Whatever your service book says is what you stand by. The new intervals only apply to people who bought any new cars after the intervals changed.

Gazza4

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

VX have reduced the advised service intervals for 1.9 CDTi's to 10,000 miles..

just because your car has 20K in the service book doesn't mean it's fine to be left that long..You would be well advised to follow the latest guidelines and service the car to the new schedule..if this now means it needs servicing more than once a year, then so be it..

your warranty now depends on the car being serviced to their guidelines..I'E every 10,000 miles.. leave it to 20 and you are in danger of invalidating the warranty

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Cheers for that. I think the real question I am asking is would I be penalised by Vx in the event of a warranty claim if I stuck to yearly servicing (coz I always hit a year well before 20,000) as opposed to the new interval of 10,000 mls which in my case would be well less than a year. I only found about the new intervals through this well informed site but what if I was average blokey who never went to the stealers and used his local garage for servicing?? How would he know about the new intervals?? Are vx telling people?? Would it invalidate the warranty if i stuck to yearly (in about 16000 miles) servicing?? I do appreciate the fact about more regular oil changes and would consider doing that every 10000 mls.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

i would strongly advise you to change to VX's new servicing directive

they try and wriggle out of warranty work anyway, so why give them any excuse..

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Cheers GSi. Think you posted as I was typing mine so apologies and you have answered my main question. Must tye quicker, must type quicker, must type quicker and remember to check my speeeeelling!!!! Can tell me then out of curiosity what are flex service intervals?? Are different cars set up to either yearly or flex intervals??

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

you can either have it set to flex or yearly..

the flex has no set interval.. the car tells you when it needs a service by monitoring driving style, speed etc..the 'annual' is still mileage dependant.. i.e you can't have it set to annual, drive 25,000 miles then service it, and still keep your warranty..the actual terms on the annual is X miles OR 12 months whichever comes first.. so with the new 10,000 mile interval, you'll still be servicing it every 10,000

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Got you mate. Better stick to fixed intervals the way our lass drives. It will be in the garage more than on me drive!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information