Thread: Scam !!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Thumbs down Scam !!!

Nearly got caught up on this, seen a job advertisment a few weeks ago and applied for it, company called World Market Auctions

Basically i was to transfer money to folk after it had been paid to my account and take 5% of what they put in for my troubles - yeah i know, money laundering / money mule

I panicked and called my bank after i got a mail advising there was 7.5k on the way to my account, for that full 24 hrs i couldnt sleep, worried myself sick

So i now see there trading as WORLD TRADING POST and claim to be affiliated with Ebay, someone calls you and go through their " Contract " and they then advise when you can start with them (Roughly 2 weeks after sending all your info to them )

So what happened is ....... Got a mail monday ...........Tuesday Morning 7.5k in my account at 5am (as i couldnt sleep) went to work and got the phonecall asking me if it had been deposited ,

You are supposed to go and take it out and make a xfer via western union to someone they advise , i didnt react fast enough and when i checked again at 10am the money had been recalled / taken back from my account
    If i had acted quicker i would have been up 5hit creek with no paddle,

so just beware folks, if it seems to good to be true, it probably is

Below are a few blogs i have found

Anonymous said...
    Hey there
    I applied for a job with them as well, in Australia, they said they're looking for 10 assistants in Aus and NZ. They got back to me really quick and wanted me to sign a statement.
    There was no offer of employment and it just all seemed dodgy to me.
    I didn't proceed since the job entails having money wired to your bank account then you have to forward it, if it's true then you are helping them with money laundering, if not all they want is to get your bank details to emty your account.
    Today I got an e-mail from the jobsite (seek.com.au) where I found the job saying this company is fraudulent, they do not endorse companies who ask for your bank account number.
    So be careful please!

Kind regards
    Victoria

May 30, 2008 7:54 PM

Mick James said...
    My brother recently had one of these emails and I advised him not to touch it with a bargepole.

Not only does the service they purport to provide seem absolutely superfluous, so does the "admin assistant" job itself.

The eBay identity they quote is not necessarily them, and in any case has not sold anything for years. The only advertising they do is for these admin assistant jobs, not for their wonderful "service". Draw your own conclusions

June 2, 2008 9:40 AM

Jennifer said...
    Hey i got one of those emails the same day from the address 'Геранькин Петр (pysefocemiedir@yandex.ru)' and advsd me to contact the world market auction email address for more information.
    Obviously a scam since the first line of the email 'Dear job seeker, after investigating your resume we decided to invite you to work with our consort as our administrative assistant.' - i already have a job and have never sent my resume via email to any company, always via post and never to an address in Russia!

July 5, 2008 4:33 AM

Anonymous said...
    I received the same email about two weeks ago, signed the paperwork and returned it. Gave them all my details (i have very little in my account so was not afraid of it being emptied) I have since recieved two transactions and have earned £198 for very little work. I am waiting on my third transaction and am finding the work profitable and non time consuming. I have spoken with my account manager personaly on the phone when they talked me through what was required. I believe in them, they are doing me no and of good!

July 21, 2008 6:00 PM

Paul said...
    I just received the same e-mail as you all and did a IP tracking...

Reads as follow:

IP address: 82.204.219.125
    Hostname: web25.pochta.ru
    ISP: Pochta.ru network

This is highly suspicious... and I'll send a copy of the e-mail to the abuse department at the Host e-mail address (abuse@pochta.ru or noc@pochta.ru)

Obviously not to be trusted!

September 22, 2008 12:08 PM

Anonymous said...
    Thank you for your blogs, I received a letter from Becci Purkey, (deulininuis@mail333.com) with a reply to World Market Auction
    Employment Coordinator
    wmaresume@gmail.com. Nothing was mentioned about ebay or transferring funds, I never even thought about it not being legitimate until I tried to search the company. But it does seem strange about the email address, not to mention that it says, "For a trial period we sign a contract valid within 4 weeks. You undertake no expenses!
    If you are interested in growing your income and long for a better salary - welcome in our team !

This position is available for United States and UK residents only."

I wonder how this other blogger is making that money or if they are simply representing the company. Thank you again. Saved me a lot of time applying.

September 28, 2008 12:35 PM

Anonymous said...
    Hi All,

I got this mail and sent my details back, i gave them an account/sortcode that has virtually nothing in it , so today i got a call to accept their first deposit, ok, i am nervous , money laundering does cross my mind, and think i may speak to my bank for advice,

What do you think ??

October 6, 2008 4:36 AM

Anonymous said...
    Ok, here is the story so far, Money £7.5k was transferred into my account Monday evening, Tuesday morning i was making arrangments to withdraw these funds and send as requested, fortunatley due to work commits i couldnt make it that day, also 24 hours notice is needed for huge amunts of cash. So i checked my bank again on the wednesday morning and the money had been recalled, here is the scam: Money deposited, you take out, Money recalled you have to put money back in including your 5% commision, so effectivley i would have been £375 out of pocket, so she called me, i explained to her and asked her why this happened and she hung up on me !!! BEWARE

If anymore info is needed i can be contacted at spennny@hotmail.co.uk

October 8, 2008 3:53 AM

Nick UK said...
    BEWARE - They are now calling themselves 'World Trading Post' and are currently operating from 'world-trading-post.org'.

October 28, 2008 5:17 AM

Anonymous said...
    hiya saw the job role advertised on gumtree, i aplied to the job and didnt get a response untill around 3 weeks later then i had to recieve and sign an agreement before i could get started, i am now due to recieve my 1st payment tomz, i have a feeling they could be washing money, but other things are telling me this is ligit company, they asked for my account number and sort code ,with them details it is not possible for them to take money out of my account only to put money in. i could get done for fraud but with all the emails and bank statements i have i can prove i was innocent to it will give it ago and just see what happens.

October 28, 2008 2:03 PM

Anonymous said...
    i poseted the comment above! the money whent into my account, and my account then got frozen i was not able to access my wage, my daughters benefits my rent, and also all money due to go into my account will be bounced back, my account has being closed down, i am not able to open one at any other branch i will not be able to ever have a bank account, i will not be able to get any credit and i am being investigated for money laudering all because of this fake company, the company called me and onece i told them i knew they were commiting freud and money laundering the phone was put down on me!! i strongley advise no one to proceed with this job role,
    IT SOUNDED TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE AND OBVIOUSLY IS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

October 29, 2008 4:44 PM

Anonymous said...
    This is a scam, they put 3k in my account as i was at university it was hard for me to make the transfer so by 2 i thought i would go in the bank to withdraw the money but guess what the money had been recalled. I have saved all the emails just in case any thing happens cautiously iasked the everything i had nothing in my account so i have nothing to loose
    they operate as world trading post now but there website does not work. There should be some sort of compensation for all the people who have been effected by this,
    they sounded more like nigerians when a lady rang me her english was quite broken beware people ,
    i cant believe hard working people are getting scammed!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Looks like you had a close call there. Armed with all the information now it's so obviously a Scam but you can see how people get drawn onto these things.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Default dont do it

My cousin got hit with this one a few years ago they phones him up same lines as you but after a few weeks he forgot all about it when no money had been put in his bank he never had any money in the account anyway so had no reason to look in it then the next thing he new fraud squad was knocking on his door they arrested him took his pc and his kids laptops away then told him he had been selling stuff on ebay and never sending it out,
    Of what he new nothing of they gave him a print out of his bank account and it had over £7,500 in it he nearly dropped to the floor but lucky for him he had saved all the emails from the company that had emailed him with the job offer it took nearly two years to sort it all out he was on a charge and had to go see the police every other month over a two year period he was bricking it but they did drop all charges in the end he never got the pc or his laptop back and the money that no one asked for a refund on his still frozen in a bank account with a police flag on it think its around £3000 that’s not been claimed.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

If it sounds too good to be true,it probably is......

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

My god Spenny, you've got to so careful, I'm so glad you came to your senses (no offence mate). For all you/we know these people are funding terrorism or at the very least drug supply. Money laundering is a REALLY serious offence and really quite easy to prove and will land YOU in a WORLD of ****e. It's a lesson to us all, think this is why the DELETE button was invented.

I've not written this mate to have a go, you're very lucky you came to your senses in my opinion, and I have a professional one on the matter.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by Robbie69 View Post
    My god Spenny, you've got to so careful, I'm so glad you came to your senses (no offence mate). For all you/we know these people are funding terrorism or at the very least drug supply. Money laundering is a REALLY serious offence and really quite easy to prove and will land YOU in a WORLD of ****e. It's a lesson to us all, think this is why the DELETE button was invented.

I've not written this mate to have a go, you're very lucky you came to your senses in my opinion, and I have a professional one on the matter.
    After reading one review about a guy who had been doing this for 2 months all was good, wasnt vast amount, $200 here / $300 there... only had done 2 transactions in 2 months, but thats all the reviews i could find, so all seemed well........ only when £7.5k had been dropped in my bank ( not my primary account, more like a spare account " that i 5hat myself and called my bank as soon as they opened

But again, the review i read could have been from them , so lesson learned...... hit delete

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by spennny View Post
    After reading one review about a guy who had been doing this for 2 months all was good, wasnt vast amount, $200 here / $300 there... only had done 2 transactions in 2 months, but thats all the reviews i could find, so all seemed well........ only when £7.5k had been dropped in my bank ( not my primary account, more like a spare account " that i 5hat myself and called my bank as soon as they opened

But again, the review i read could have been from them , so lesson learned...... hit delete

As i said mate, NOT having a go and it's easy for me to criticize, LESSON learned, these are REALLY serious offences, read those reviews, can't believe one of them states he thought it might be money laundering but because he saved the emails he would be OK, he's admitted it! Believe me when I say, they will get a warrant from a court, come to your house and seize your computer. They'll also get your FULL banking details/transactions and you'll have some difficult questions to answer. Terrorism (and i'm only guessing this is what it's linked to) as you can guess is the BIGGEST priority to any police force in this country. Don't get caught up in it as has been said, it's too good to be true.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Hope you've closed the account, as I take it they now have your name, account details etc and could be using you as an ID anywhere in the world.

Ex Vec-C Admin / Founder Duncan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Jeez m8! - I know hindsight is a wonderful thing but that had scam written all over it from the very start!!!
    Basically i was to transfer money to folk after it had been paid to my account and take 5% of what they put in for my troubles - yeah i know, money laundering / money mule
    That should've set the alarm bells ringing straight away! Why would they give you 5% for doing nothing effectively?
    You are supposed to go and take it out and make a xfer via western union to someone they advise , i didnt react fast enough and when i checked again at 10am the money had been recalled / taken back from my account
    If i had acted quicker i would have been up 5hit creek with no paddle,
    That's a scam as old as the hills and why they want you to use Western Union as once you've sent it there's no way you can recall it. That's why eBay and other places stopped having WU as a payment method long ago.

Like Robbie, not having a go at you or anything - but blimey, you almost became yet another victim of an age old scam - not to mention the possibility of having your door kicked down if any of that money was ever linked to terrorism. Although the fact that they recall it each time seems to indicate it's a scam to rip people off as opposed to use people to actually move money around. Lucky man!!

As others have said, have you closed the account now? May be an idea to do so.

I was reading just the other day that with the current climate,the cyber scammers are upping their game in the hope that people after a bit of 'easy cash' fall more readily for any of these scams.

BBC article.

Very lucky escape for you!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Jaguar XF 3.0D V6

Trim : Black

Engine : 3.0D V6

Year : 0000

Quote from BBC link

"Sophos said that while the number of e-mails sent with infected attachments had declined from 2007 to 2008 - down from one in 909 to one in 714 - the number of malicious attachments had increased as 2008 had progressed. "

Isn't one in 714 HIGHER than one in 909

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information