Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Jaguar XF 3.0D V6

Trim : Black

Engine : 3.0D V6

Year : 0000

Default Free laptops to low income

I find this a little disturbing.

Yes computers are good and can help.

BUT (again) the worker subsidise the shirkers.

Where is the incentive to work and betterment. Again this carp 'Gov't' is disincentivising hard work and self progression.

If you agree that OUR taxes should go to help everyone instead of people who can't be bothered, then sign this petition

http://petitions.number10.gov.uk/Freelaptopblock

Buying votes with computers that cost 5 times what they should - well done Gordon Brown (or whoever) for thinking that up

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

done..

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

I know someone who has applied and been granted one of these. The thing that gets my goat is that they already have a computer and broadband and have a 6 year old daughter.

How, in any way, is that reasonable and fair?

Admin & Merchandise Manager bigmac's Avatar
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : insignia

Trim : irmscher

Engine : 2.0 cdti

Year : 2009

There was a thread about this a while ago

My opinion is if it helps low income family's get on the net and maybe help people less fortunate than ourselfs then there's no problem's * And i mean less fortunate and not work shy *you will always find the odd few that abuse the system but i think signing a petition wont do jack ****.

I have to say people who go on about we pay your wages or you scrounge off us workers are in my eye's deluded and should get off their high horse and maybe go and see some of the low income family's who are unable to work through no fault of there own.God forbid anyone who takes this stance become's ill and needs the help of such grants or coverment.

Only my opinion so take it or leave it

Irmscher Insignia CDTI 130

MOD'S...Irmscher front spoiler, Irmscher mats, Irmscher door pins, Irmscher rear spoiler, Irmscher grille, Irmscher skirt & exhausts,Irmscher Roof spoiler MOD'S TO COME..Side skirts,Wheels

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

I agree that there are genuine cases and I agree that the majority should help those.

However, this scheme isn't doing that, as it clearly isn't 'means tested' enough. eg as above. If you already have a computer why should this scheme apply?

I am sick and tired of schemes that help the work shy lazy population, as it only encourages benefit dependancy and discourages self advancement. What is the ultimate point in working if you would get everything if you didn't anyway?

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Vectra 1.8 SRi

Trim : SRi

Engine : Z18XE

Year : 2004

Quote Originally Posted by bigmac View Post
    There was a thread about this a while ago

My opinion is if it helps low income family's get on the net and maybe help people less fortunate than ourselfs then there's no problem's * And i mean less fortunate and not work shy *you will always find the odd few that abuse the system but i think signing a petition wont do jack ****.

I have to say people who go on about we pay your wages or you scrounge off us workers are in my eye's deluded and should get off their high horse and maybe go and see some of the low income family's who are unable to work through no fault of there own.God forbid anyone who takes this stance become's ill and needs the help of such grants or coverment.

Only my opinion so take it or leave it

I can see what you're saying but I think what annoys people is that alot of these low income families are so through their own choice. There are thousands who choose to be unemployed and avoid employment at all costs. At the moment with my income (which doesn't class us as low income), my partner at uni and a young child, we would be better off if I got sacked from my job. We get minimal help from the government and don't have much sparew cash. I had to do overtime and work my arse off to be able to afford for us to have internet access, a nice laptop and any luxuries we have. Is there any real incentive for me to work? no. Just the fact that I have to much pride to have to announce to people that I was on the Dole. I do think the government should investigate those out of work, not persecute, and get thise capable back to doing some. I have all the respect in the world for those who are on benefits due to legitimate health reasons. Other than that tehre is no excuse. I don't believe the government or anybody else knows the true number of those fraudulantly claiming benefits, but it is too high. Petition signed.

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Tbh i dont think there would be anyway to test it either way the scheme is setup to help low income family's,now just because they are low income doesn't mean they live in the dark ages and don't have a computer ! thing is they may have a computer but it may not be fit for purpose and have no money to upgrade.
    Now what your saying is just because they have one they shouldn't be allowed another,now to have some one go to each house and check their vadility to the free laptop or computer would be crazy it would cost more in man power than it would buying them a laptop (more than likely)
    So you see where ever you go there will always be the few that spoil it for the majority and the more needy gets tarred with the same brush as the less

MOD'S...Irmscher front spoiler, Irmscher mats, Irmscher door pins, Irmscher rear spoiler, Irmscher grille, Irmscher skirt & exhausts,Irmscher Roof spoiler MOD'S TO COME..Side skirts,Wheels

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Lee ive removed your post sorry but i feel its not relative to this discussion,i'm sure what you've said has been posted before in another thread before

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Vectra 1.8 SRi

Trim : SRi

Engine : Z18XE

Year : 2004

Quote Originally Posted by bigmac View Post
    Tbh i dont think there would be anyway to test it either way the scheme is setup to help low income family's,now just because they are low income doesn't mean they live in the dark ages and don't have a computer ! thing is they may have a computer but it may not be fit for purpose and have no money to upgrade.
    Now what your saying is just because they have one they shouldn't be allowed another,now to have some one go to each house and check their vadility to the free laptop or computer would be crazy it would cost more in man power than it would buying them a laptop (more than likely)
    So you see where ever you go there will always be the few that spoil it for the majority and the more needy gets tarred with the same brush as the less

I don't understand why having a computer and internet access has suddenly become a right and not a privilege?

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by keith1983 View Post
    I don't understand why having a computer and internet access has suddenly become a right and not a privilege?

Have you got kids at school ? all most all of the home works revolves around going on the net or doing work on computers,now if were back in the 80's id see your point

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information