StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Rubbish Dealers, Broken Cars

OK,

Now I have been with VX for nearly 20 Yrs, this is THE only time I have had problems, problems with dealers and VX car to such an extent that I have to post a venomous post such as this.

Why do I have a car, V6 which has every optional extra added give me such problems?

Today my lights gave up, Adaptive Forward Lighting, AFL, fault displayed on the dashboard, took it in today, again the usual, "NFF" given, now I am either on halucinogenic drugs or so paranoid that I must imagine these things; either way my view on "NFF" is, "Not F****ng Fussed" still comes to mind, please remember this is twice this fault has occured, last time it was off the road for two weeks, previously it was a abodywork issue with the headlight washers not retracting properly, againe, a "NFF" given, then my lights had a rewire.

Fortunatley I paid for an extended waranty with Suregaurd when I purchased the vehicle, however should I have needed it, in this instance YES, But Why??

That has to be the question asked, I expect a vehicle after three years, cared and loved for, to function, but no. I continue to have niggling and what in this instance could have been a very expensive repair bil (Solicitors Pending) why should a vehicle commit such onerous bills as this?

I have come to the conclusion, this is neither an unluicky vehicle, but a poorly produced vehicle, full of inherrant errors and faults that I can see myselkf possibly having problems till doms day.

Now this may seem a rant, however I never intend it to be such, merely a large concern, Will I ever get a VX again?

I very much doubt it. My confidence has ben damaged, VX in this case have lost another customer. I expect faults as a vehicle gets older and used, however in this case when the VX network is poor, when I have repetitive faults and ongoing, whilst minor should neiher happen nor occur, I have concerns.

Your thoughts appreciated.

Steve

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Many of us on here have had the misfortune of having to deal with dealers who provide very poor customer service and the proof positive is how a dealer handles complaints and faults from the customer after selling the car. Making a profit on a sale is normal business practice but not providing good service afterwards or not taking the customer seriously is a definite no-no.

There are 'Good' and 'Bad' dealer lists on here that show that not all dealers are 'stealers'.

I found a better, smaller VX dealer who provides a very good service at a good price. Larger franchises sometimes treat customers with contempt and try and blind them with science (tell lies). Forums like this tell it as it is, as all dealers should.

'I haven’t lost my marbles, they’re in a bag somewhere? .. '
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Do you feel any better now you have it off your chest m8, know how you feel ............

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would love to see members come on here who just come on to say how good there car is and how good their dealer is.

Yes CorsaVan, it sounds liek you have a bad one. Personally I can't complain and I have probably had more Vectra C's/Signums and covered more miles than anyone else on this forum, but mine have been fine and my dealer is fab.

But the grass is not always greener on the other side. 3 years ago we bought a Brand New Audi A3 2.0 Turbo S-Line Special Edition. It was just shy of £25k by the time we had specced it up.

The car was a catalogue of errors, but you find that the average Audi drive will never dream of saying their car is ****e, where as the average Vauxhall/Ford driver will.

My advice is to give it to the dealer and insist (Poloitely) that the faults be looked at again and rectified or sell it.

In my experience, the average Vauxhall dealer is infinatly better than the average Audi dealer. I had enough so sold the Audi and bought a Freelander 2, in 2 1/2 years it has been great and Land Rover dealers on the whole are very good.

Thread Information