0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

thanks guys, my dad had a look at it when he got home and he thinks it can be fixed. it is cracked in half on the bottom bit under the lower grill right in the middle.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

this any good???

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/VAUXHALL-VECTR...item33592e88b4

Good find thanks, i had a look and could only find 2 bumpers.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

On the Tuesday 5th Jan after fairly heavy snow in Cumbria (I didn't want to venture out) I was sitting upstairs having put my 08 plate Exclusiv 1.9 CDTi (150 17,000 on the clock) to bed, when there was an almighty bang. Go outside and my car PARKED next door on a parking bay had the following damage:

Drivers side - both doors caved in - can't open them. Pillar between door distorted.

Passenger side - rear door slightly bent - can't open it, rear quarter panel a mess, rear bumper a mess under the rear quarter panel and rear light cluster non existent. The damage on the near side was caused as the car was pushed into the house and hit the soil pipe and other cast iron pipes and the next door gas meter and started a leak.

What caused this? An older style Vectra came down the hill almost opposite and lost control. He lost his front bumper in the collision. Don't know how bent his car is really beyond that.

My car went off to the repairers Monday. Estimate of cost £6000 plus - looks like a write off. Oh front bumper OK and available from the knackers yard!

...and the next day a BT man rang the front door bell "Sorry mate, I have just demolished your front wall"
    Last edited by dodecaphonic; 13th January 2010 at 01:41.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Nissan GT-R R35 Vectra XP2 CDTI

Trim : Nissan GT-R R35

Engine : 3.8 twin turbo 700hp

Year : 2010

Quote Originally Posted by dodecaphonic View Post
    On the Tuesday 5th Jan after fairly heavy snow in Cumbria (I didn't want to venture out) I was sitting upstairs having put my 08 plate Exclusiv 1.9 CDTi (150 17,000 on the clock) to bed, when there was an almighty bang. Go outside and my car PARKED next door on a parking bay had the following damage:

Drivers side - both doors caved in - can't open them. Pillar between door distorted.

Passenger side - rear door slightly bent - can't open it, rear quarter panel a mess, rear bumper a mess under the rear quarter panel and rear light cluster non existent. The damage on the near side was caused as the car was pushed into the house and hit the soil pipe and other cast iron pipes and the next door gas meter and started a leak.

What caused this? An older style Vectra came down the hill almost opposite and lost control. He lost his front bumper in the collision. Don't know how bent his car is really beyond that.

My car went off to the repairers Monday. Estimate of cost £6000 plus - looks like a write off. Oh front bumper OK and available from the knackers yard!

...and the next day a BT man rang the front door bell "Sorry mate, I have just demolished your front wall"
    bl00dy hell mate thats bad must be really bad up there. any news on you vec fella

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by chrisvectra View Post
    bl00dy hell mate thats bad must be really bad up there. any news on you vec fella
    The lane is one that residents wouldn't attempt in those kind of conditions. It's others who don't know how steep it is who can end up where they shouldn't be. The lane is now clear. The following day our neighbour spent a long time clearing tracks on our road and that lane so people could get grip at the critical places. Haven't heard any more about the other veccy. I suppose structurally a front or re impact is easier to repair due to crumple zones compared to a side impact where pillars and other chassis bits may be involved.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Hi to all drivers . If you have a front wheel drive car. and you you are going aound a corner do not brake of put foot on clutch . You should be able to keep contol of the car at low speed.

If you are in a rear wheel drive car then put foot on clutch off the gas and steer around corner .
    Last edited by sb1uk; 13th January 2010 at 11:04.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information