Thread: Pioneer DEH P70BT Problems

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Default Pioneer DEH P70BT Problems

dunno if anyone here can help me out but having a couple of problems with it as follows:

1. every time I start my car, the stereo comes on but on the stereo display all it says is "to turn demo off press 6key" so I do, and the whole stereo switches off, I then have to press source to switch it on, source again to select to play a cd, and this happens every time I start the car. isnt there any way of making it automatically just start playing the last cd/radio station I was listening to when I start the car again, or just not come on at all if it was switched off previous to the last time I turned the car engine off??

2. when playing a CD, like a expensive 15quid one from HMV say for instance the Verve, song 1 on their album is "bittersweet symphony" but that doesnt display on the stereo, it just says "track 1" instead of the actual song name.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    572 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Vectra

Trim : SRi

Engine : 150

Year : 05

Mileage : 74000

1) oooh i may be able to help with this one, With some radios they have a demo mode like for the showrooms, looks like you have a permanent live missing to your radio which means everytime you turn the ignition off its losing its power, thus returning to a default state of when you first bought it. Solution - Get someone to check the switched live and the constant live feeds to the headunit. Should be a yellow wire and a red wire, maybe they round the wrong way,

2nd) Theres a setting which switches between track name and ID3 and ID3v2 tags on the headunit. CHeck the manual on how to alter these. or it could simply be that the cd doesnt have any 'tags' attached to it.

HTH

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

as plasma has said it sounds like you need a permanent live try swaping the red and yellow wires around on the stereo as for the song titles ive never had a bought cd show up the name or title,the ones ive burnt onto cd from the computer usually do thou

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Yep, you need to make sure you have the permanent live and the ignition live the correct way round otherwise you lose all your settings.

As for your second point this is the case for 99% of CD's. The only CD I have got that does this is the recent Prodigy Greatest Hits. It's down to the people who press the CD to "tag" the songs.

Cheers

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by Hendry
    2. when playing a CD, like a expensive 15quid one from HMV say for instance the Verve, song 1 on their album is "bittersweet symphony" but that doesnt display on the stereo, it just says "track 1" instead of the actual song name.

Are you talking about a CD with MP3 files or plain vanilla audio CD?

MP3 files can contain 'tags' like album and track title, with an appropiate PC program you can edit these before burning the file to disc. MP3 capable players read and display these tags.

Way back when the audio CD was invented by Philips/Sony (the so called Redbook standard, 1980) it was overseen to be able to add album,track,artist tags to the CD. This was later (1996) added and called 'CD Text'. Older CD players don't recognize it. And as it was added later to the CD, only newer release can contain it.

Huib

"Where the WIFE tells me", but mainly in the DOG HOUSE....
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

If i can remember, when you have a cd in ,push the big button in,then scroll to entertainment, then scroll through to text. thats it,push the big button in and im pretty sure your have text on your songs (on original discs or if you have copied them correctly from your pc to disc)..

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

this work on original proper pukka albums from hmv etc. armoured farmer??

I'm into some 80s stuff, so had albums on tape and have now bought their albums on cd from hmv, etc. just someone said cds with older bands stuff on it wouldnt display track names/titles no matter what, and that only newer more recently brought out albums and albums burned on a computer onto a blank disc would show track info/names/titles.

s'all getting a bit confusing, and as you actually have that exact stereo I though u be the best person to ask.

Thread Information