Thread: my edition 100 back at dealers

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Default my edition 100 back at dealers

Well i had to take my vectra edition 100 back to the dealers on tuesday because i could feel a notchyness in the gearbox between 2nd and 3rd got a call back on wednesday to be told they "think" the clutch could be at fault so they would have to take the gearbox out to inspect , they then proceded to tell me that the warrenty company would not pay for them to take the box out and inspect the clutch so if it isn't the clutch i would have to pay £145+vat i then got a call on friday when i was at work and was told the warrenty company wont pay out to do the clutch and i don't even know the reason why as it wasn't me who took the call it was my girlfreind so now im left in the dark untill tomorrow to find out what is going to happen . can't beleave this is hapaning the car has a warranty and for what absaloutly nothing

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

My company runs a fleet of Vauxhall Combo vans we have to fight like mantal to get any Warranty work done on them at all, and we buy 10 per year every year, put your foot down mate and insist its done, tell them to prove the clutch if faulty due to missuse tell them if they can youd be happy to pay for the repairs, its for them to prove its down to you not the other way round, due to this face ive put foward a proposal for replacing the fleet with Ford connects which has been accepted, after we have been using Vauxhals for 10 years!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

im under the imprestion and this is from expirience working in dealers ,that warantee companys will never pay out on a clutch failure ......and also they will not pay the dealer for checking the car out it is a dubble edge sword the dealer needs paying for checking the car over and they wont pay the dealer most likely wont want to work for the warantee company as they will only pay very low labour rates ....good luck with your fault

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Does your car have the F40 (6 speed) gearbox? There's a known fault on that, that causes notchiness between 1st and 2nd when cold, and 2nd and 3rd when warm. The fix is to take out the 3.2 litres of transmission oil and replace it with 2.4 litres. Vauxhall admit that the fix doesn't always work, and if it doesn't - or if the gearbox already only has 2.4 litres in it, then there's nothing else they can try on the gearbox itself, to solve the issue.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Warranties are such a farce - wish you all the luck mate - dont let them off!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

iv'e only had the car 10 weeks so no way is it my fault the clutch has started to go and yes it does have the 6 speed box . he said he would speak to sales and see if they would pay for it !

Admin & Membership Manager bigmac's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : insignia

Trim : irmscher

Engine : 2.0 cdti

Year : 2009

Demand they pay for it or return the car,i'm sure you have 14 days or some thing so your best to get it sorted now rather than wait for them to drag their heel's until the 14 days is up and then say no

Dont qoute me on the 14 days tho

Irmscher Insignia CDTI 130

MOD'S...Irmscher front spoiler, Irmscher mats, Irmscher door pins, Irmscher rear spoiler, Irmscher grille, Irmscher skirt & exhausts,Irmscher Roof spoiler MOD'S TO COME..Side skirts,Wheels

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by bigmac View Post
    Demand they pay for it or return the car,i'm sure you have 14 days or some thing so your best to get it sorted now rather than wait for them to drag their heel's until the 14 days is up and then say no

Dont qoute me on the 14 days tho
    what do you meen by 14 days ?

Admin & Membership Manager bigmac's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : insignia

Trim : irmscher

Engine : 2.0 cdti

Year : 2009

I'm not sure mate i just remember seeing something regarding if the car develops a fault within a certain amount of days after sale.

I may well be wrong and would hate to give you duff advise so really if the gargae wont play ball you best bet would be to ring CAB and have a word with them and explain your case

Irmscher Insignia CDTI 130

MOD'S...Irmscher front spoiler, Irmscher mats, Irmscher door pins, Irmscher rear spoiler, Irmscher grille, Irmscher skirt & exhausts,Irmscher Roof spoiler MOD'S TO COME..Side skirts,Wheels

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by bigmac View Post
    I'm not sure mate i just remember seeing something regarding if the car develops a fault within a certain amount of days after sale.

I may well be wrong and would hate to give you duff advise so really if the gargae wont play ball you best bet would be to ring CAB and have a word with them and explain your case
    well iv'e had the car for 10 weeks , what is CAB ?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information