User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: 12v Socket fuse location & heated mirror

  1. #1
    Regular Member RobW's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Tain - Easter Ross
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats





    Default 12v Socket fuse location & heated mirror

    Having lost (well, its in a cupboard somewhere!) the manual for the vectra, finding the fuse for the 2 12v ciggy lighters is not easy and do not want to randomly pull them all out!

    Can someone have a quick look in their manwell and let me know what fuse it is? It is only the 2 sockets not working, stereo, lights and everything else is fine.

    Secondly, I assume the wing mirrors are both heated from the same fuse? Drivers heats up ok but the passenger side does not. Took the glass out and seems to be still connected but does not warm up. Kinda hoping it is a fuse but doubt it, anyway, is it hard to change the internals or is it better to just change the whole mirror?

    TIA.

  2. #2
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Skelmersdale
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats





    Default

    [I] have had my manual out as the info display stopped working , thought was the fuse but just the cold weather as burst into life when car warnmed up but anyway the ciggy lighter fuse is no 22... 30 Amp its the bottom one on the 3rd row.. Hope this helps . its the fuse box on side of dash by passanger dor.

  3. #3
    Moderator & Events Assistant paulhb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Wondering lonely as a cloud
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

    Vehicle : M5

    Trim : Nothing needs adding

    Engine : 5.0 V10

    Year : 07

    Mileage : 37000

    Default

    If you need a manualdownload it here:

    http://www.vauxhall.co.uk/vaux/pages...uals/index.jsp

  4. #4
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    west yorkshire
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats





    Default

    the rear cig lighter fuse is also in the back fuse box too. f17 15 amp.

  5. #5
    Regular Member Ademusic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Dunstable
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats





    Default

    Front cigar lighter - Passenger fuse box - F22 / 30A
    Rear cigar lighter - Rear Fuse box - F17 / 15A
    The only ones I can see that are relevent for the mirrors are F15 / 30A which is the RH front door control unit, and F8 / 30A which is the LH front door control unit, again both located in the passenger side fuse box. According to the wiring diagram, the electric mirrors use these fuses, so worth checking them I guess, other than that, could be a faulty heater element in the glass? Worth checking the 2 terminals that plug into the mirror to see if you are getting power going to it with a multimeter and your heated rear window switch turned on to send power to the mirror heater elements
    Last edited by Ademusic; 9th January 2010 at 15:37.

  6. #6
    Regular Member RobW's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Tain - Easter Ross
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats





    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by calbert07 View Post
    [i] have had my manual out as the info display stopped working , thought was the fuse but just the cold weather as burst into life when car warnmed up but anyway the ciggy lighter fuse is no 22... 30 Amp its the bottom one on the 3rd row.. Hope this helps . its the fuse box on side of dash by passanger dor.
    Superb, will go and investigate!

    Quote Originally Posted by paulhb View Post
    If you need a manualdownload it here:

    http://www.vauxhall.co.uk/vaux/pages...uals/index.jsp
    Tremendous! I must go find my one too.

    Quote Originally Posted by tony stoney View Post
    the rear cig lighter fuse is also in the back fuse box too. f17 15 amp.
    So the 2 sockets are seperate fuses?!

    Quote Originally Posted by Ademusic View Post
    Front cigar lighter - Passenger fuse box - F22 / 30A
    Rear cigar lighter - Rear Fuse box - F17 / 15A
    The only ones I can see that are relevent for the mirrors are F15 / 30A which is the RH front door control unit, and F8 / 30A which is the LH front door control unit, again both located in the passenger side fuse box. According to the wiring diagram, the electric mirrors use these fuses, so worth checking them I guess, other than that, could be a faulty heater element in the glass? Worth checking the 2 terminals that plug into the mirror to see if you are getting power going to it with a multimeter and your heated rear window switch turned on to send power to the mirror heater elements
    Had the glass out and put it back in and the mirror was OK, got home from work today and its now cracked!

    Anyone seen my multi-meter?

  7. #7
    Regular Member Ademusic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Dunstable
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats





    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RobW View Post
    Had the glass out and put it back in and the mirror was OK, got home from work today and its now cracked!

  8. #8
    Regular Member RobW's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Tain - Easter Ross
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats





    Default

    12v sockets sorted, didn't have a spare so just took one out of the rear electric windows, why the fuse would be there is amazing!!?

    Just the mirror to sort now, the passenger door control fuse didn't work, it cut power to the window and boot switch but did not help the mirror. Must find my multi-meter.

  9. #9
    Regular Member Ademusic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Dunstable
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats





    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RobW View Post
    12v sockets sorted, didn't have a spare so just took one out of the rear electric windows, why the fuse would be there is amazing!!?

    Just the mirror to sort now, the passenger door control fuse didn't work, it cut power to the window and boot switch but did not help the mirror. Must find my multi-meter.
    Glad you got the socket sorted! I'm sure it's just a dodgy mirror glass, but without testing the contacts or putting a replacement glass in we won't know....don't know where your multimeter is though..

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. N/s low beam fuse location
    By SteveH in forum Vectra C / Signum Car Chat
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 7th December 2012, 15:23
  2. Heated mirror fuse
    By Daywalker in forum Electrical & ICE (including SatNav)
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 20th March 2010, 20:26
  3. fuse location
    By geebee007 in forum Electrical & ICE (including SatNav)
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11th August 2009, 16:57
  4. TC fuse location?
    By dh.dti in forum Vectra C / Signum Car Chat
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 2nd December 2008, 11:04
  5. Connection on rear fuse box for a 12V socket
    By Duncan in forum Electrical & ICE (including SatNav)
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 5th June 2007, 15:03

Visitors found this page by searching for:

vectra c heated passagers mirror not working

opel vectra c 12v back fuse

12 v charger fuse vauxhall vectra

were is the fuse for 12v power supply on a vauxhall insignia 09

fuse for zafira 12v 30A

cigarette lighter fuse location opel vectra c 2002

fuse location for vectra c 12v socket

12 v power supply fuse vectra

12v socket fuse on vectra c

trax mirrors fuse

heated back window not working on vauxhall vectra 06

Vauxhall insignia accessory socket fuse

vectra 12v socket fuse

vectra c 12v fuse

where is the fuse for electric mirrors on vectra

man tgx 12 v socket not working

cigarette lighter fuse vauxhall vectra c

12v socket fuse vauxhall vectra sri

vectra c 12v sockets not working

where is fuse for vectra electric mirrors

vectra c voltage heated mirror

fuse for 12v cigarette charger in a vectra

where is fuse vectra b heated mirrors

fuse location on a Vauxhall Vectra for the heater element

vectra c mirror heater

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •