Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Default Praise where praise is due

Hi Everyone,
    Having read some horror stories about Dealers both here at at VVOC, I thought I would share my recent encounter.
    Had the Signum just a month and as I usually do, acquired a list of niggles etc.
    Took it into New Crown - Sharpes in Nottingham in the morning, got a phone call in the afternoon - all done sir ! car ready for collection.
    My list included:
    1) Front end Rattle - new pulley and belt fitted (thank you Duncan et al )
    2) New rear shocks - (shocks packing in after 14k !!!)
    3) New glove box light
    and the best one - I commented that the rear heated window had a weak element , the result - new back window sir !.
    been going to these guys for about 25+ years now.

SJ

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

sounds like the service you should get,well done that dealer!!

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Hi mate you are one of the lucky ones.

Being from Nottingham also, I used to use them as they are conveniently not far from where I live. But that stopped after I got such awful service that even Vx customer service advised me to change dealerships.

It all started after I took my car there to have a scraping noise investigated.
    From day 1 they were very negative as to what could be causing it.
    Anyway to cut a long story short it ended up going in and out of there a staggering 8 times! they even tried fobbing me off with the old 'all your type of car make that noise' excuse. The final straw came when it was booked in for five days to have some chassis ears put on to see if they could pinpoint where the noise was coming from, and after me having to ring them for updates, they told me my car was ready for collection. When I went to pick it up I found out from the guy on the service desk that the car had actually been stood in their compound at the back for the whole five days and nobody had actually laid a finger on it, and when I aksed why New Crown said the reason they hadn't done the chassis ears thing was because they didn't own a set and further more didn't know what they were!

It was so bad that the field engineer from vx even filed a report against them for being, and I quote 'antagonistic and negative to a customer and external vauxhall staff'.

Anyway I changed dealerships to Reg Vardy in Lenton and the problem was found within two visits (with the help of the same field engineer) and it turned out to be a driveshaft bearing that had worn which ironically that same part was suggested to new crown to be replaced by the field engineer after just one visit.

Needless to say I wil never step one foot anywhere near any of their outlets ever again.

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Funny how we all seem to have different experiences, in the mid 90's I had a trial separation from "Sharpes of Maperley" as they were then known, not because they had done anything wrong but where I was working, the then Trust Motors (which became Reg Vardy) were handier (this is when they were located at Castle Marina). Things went great until they became Reg Vardy. Then I could have written the same story as you, in my case it was to do with the anti perforation warranty - basically my bonnet and wings were disintegrating. It took several letters to Vauxhall and a letter to Trading Standards before anything was done. Final straw was when I took it in for an exhaust warranty repair - they cut the old one out, only to realise that they didn't have any in stock - stranded me for two days.
    Funny old world.....
    SJ

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

So the moral of the story is that after 25 years of continued custom with a dealer you'll finally get good service??!

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by Harry
    So the moral of the story is that after 25 years of continued custom with a dealer you'll finally get good service??!
    Not really,
    It's because I have had good service I'm still going to them. If they p*** me off I'll find somewhere else and I will tell them in no uncertain terms why.
    I started the thread because I felt they had gone over and above their obligations in my particular case.

SJ

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

I use New Crown Sharpes and they have always given me good service. Wouldn't let Vardy's touch my car. I have to drive few miles past them to get to New Crown Sharpes.

When I first bought my car from Millenium in Nottingham, whose after sales service leaves a lot to be desired, my cars brakes juddered a lot and after several trips back to Millenium they managed to change all the discs and pads. Rear brakes were still making a noise so gave up on them and decided I would pay New Crown Sharpe's to put it right. They found that Millenium had put the rear brakes on completely dry with no lubrication so stripped them down and refitted them correctly. When I picked the car up they handed me the keys and said no charge. Could see on my cars paperwork on the desk that they had written 'charge to Millenium' on it. Thought this was excellent as the problem wasn't caused by them and they could quite easily have given me a big bill.

My car was in New Crown Sharpe's yesterday and they are currently doing the air con clean at half price (£25 inc VAT) if anyones interested.

Thread Information