User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Time Manifold Change 1.9CDTI (150)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Default Time Manifold Change 1.9CDTI (150)

I need the Manifold doing on my Veccy. Am I best getting parts myself and getting done through local place or at dealer?

In the North East/West so any idea of garages and prices paid would be welcome.

Cheers all

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by robdd1 View Post
    I need the Manifold doing on my Veccy. Am I best getting parts myself and getting done through local place or at dealer?

In the North East/West so any idea of garages and prices paid would be welcome.

Cheers all

i had mine done by a local garage but using all gm bits and the grand total came to just under £500 with the labour and vat

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Did you supply parts?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

It may be worth using an independant if you have not got a relationship with a good dealer. However, there are software upgrades that are available for the new manifold etc. Make sure they change the operating motor which is located at the back of the engine as you can't use the old one with a new manifold.

But it's worth getting a quote for labour from an independant and then asking if your dealer can match it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Only real problem is that I've not really got any ideas on a good indy or dealer, Split my time between Manchester and Harrogate area so any good gen please pass on for these areas!

Willing to have a day out to if not to far!

Can get a manifold for £175ish so thats looking good over dealer price. Actuator will be dealer only I would guess (new) as will gaskets etc.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by Maverick View Post
    It may be worth using an independant if you have not got a relationship with a good dealer. However, there are software upgrades that are available for the new manifold etc. Make sure they change the operating motor which is located at the back of the engine as you can't use the old one with a new manifold.

But it's worth getting a quote for labour from an independant and then asking if your dealer can match it.

Does the old operating motor fit on the new manifold & not work or not doesn't fit at all? I've just had my manifold/egr changed so interested to know if they've changed this part too!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

The electric drive motor is mounted behind the engine and not on the manifold itself. As the swirl flaps are linked by means of a lever system and are actuated by the electric drive module, when the swirl flaps are clogged up and fail, the electric drive module can no longer operate the flaps correctly. If the job has been done right, I would imagine that the electric drive motor would have been changed.

The electric drive module are capable of 'learning'. Once you switch on the ignition and off again a few times the electric drive module is set up matching the current state of the swirl flaps.

This set up is non reversable so you can't 're-set' the original electric drive module to match the new manifold, therefore it has to be replaced. It won't work correctly with the new manifold and swirl flap system.

Electric Drive Module function

This unit allows an adjustment to any point within the operating range of angle of the swirl flaps. It has an internal angle sensor which can read the exact position of the swirl flaps.

In case a deviation from the set point position is detected, this is then indicated as an error and lights up the management light. So what is actually happening is that the electric drive module is detecting that the inlet manifold is shot as it can't move correctly. The downside is, that as the electric drive module continually adjusts each time you start the car, it can't be 'unadjusted' back to it's original state.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

I can see what I assume to be the Electric Drive Module, ( grey & squarish with 2 pipes coming out of it? ) but is there any way of telling if it is the new or old version module just by looking at it in situ ?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

I don't know if you can tell ...... I've seen posts on here were some have reused old one .... they also get snapped up on ebay??

I'll go for a new one ...... if the old doesn't work then I assume the whole manifold eeds to come ut again to get to actuator???

Looking at the thread with the rush job from dealers ...... can see why hunting around for your recs!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

What does the manifold updated software actually do?

Does it need to be done when changing the manifold?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information