User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: a few urgent probs i need help??????

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Default a few urgent probs i need help??????

hi all i have just bought a 1.9cdti sri 150bhp estate on a 06plate with full vauxhall service history and 64000 miles

i am quite good with cars and understand alot but its my 1st vauxhall so i am still learning from being a ford man lol

i have put a few posta on here and need some more answers now so i have some ammo for the dealer to fix my car here goes bare with me

i have 3months warranty from a local dealer which includes everything apart from injectors, glowplugs and wear and tear

i have 3 probs i need to know what exactly needs replacing to cure it so i know its been done

problem 1, my temp guage never goes above 80 and varys quite alot with engine speed heater works fine and is nice and warm where should the temp be in normal running should it be in the middle around 90 and my mpg is poor too i have just done 450miles on a full tank of 66quid not good so what is the cause and what will need replacing/ fixing

problem 2. my dmf is rattling like hell when i depress the clutch if they replace that under warranty will they replace the clutch too i hope they do or will they put the old one back in???

problem 3. i have checked my swirl bar the one down near the glowplugs with angles on. and its not connected at all just laying on its side floating about not connected to anything. will it just need sticking back on is it a quick fix also what does it actually do???? and what will need to be replaced? i can see the 4 rubber washer things where it is supposed to go on.

and final problem is the heater unit everything works but the re-circ air button does not the light does not come on when you press it

sorry to ramble on but just hope you ppl can shed some light on this and to let me know how this works so i can backup my argument with the garage on mon 4th jan

thansk again

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Golf 7

Trim : GTD

Engine : 2.0 TDI 184PS

Year : 2014

Mileage : 40000

Problem 1: Mines does this - I would put it down to the thermostat - jammed open It is also unable to regulate temperature properly if stuck in traffic ie goes to about 90. Poor mpg may be attributed to a swirl valve problem identified later.

Problem 2: You will probably need to specify to change the clutch. But it would be a false economy not to change it over once the gearbox is dropped.

Problem 3: The car will still drive but may smoke heavier, if flaps are jammed opened the it will smoke under 2,000rpm and if they are jammed shut it will smoke above 2,000rpm. You could try the 'fix for a £1' how2 but I would say thats it tempory. The manifold, swirl bar and drive module would need to be changed and that would be £600ish.

Gazza4

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

The final problem;
    I thought my air re-circlation didnt work but then I realised it dosen't work with the blowers set to the windscreen, d'oh! Try with them set to the dash vents or feet.

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

thanks guys my car is going in on mon 4th jan so i will keep you all posted as how it goes thanks for all your advice and help much appreciated cheers again and a happy new year

Moderator & Events Assistant paulhb's Avatar
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : M5

Trim : Nothing needs adding

Engine : 5.0 V10

Year : 07

Mileage : 37000

In this weather it is normal to be below 80 especialy if the air con is on with the extra fan drawing cold air throught he rads and it will go to 90 if stuck in heavy traffic as there is limited air flow, in the summer mine site around 85 normally and 90 in heavy traffic due to the fan cutting in. The clutch will be your responsibility but it is not expensive and you will get free labour, fuel economy can be explained by the swirl valves and they should be changed make sure they fit a new modified inlet manifold or you will have to replace it next time.

Thread Information